What's new

mpg function?

ben bury

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type-S
I spoke to someone at work and someone from here was talking about a mpg function
I cant find it on the car at all. Is there one?

I spoke to someone at work and someone from here was talking about a mpg function
I cant find it on the car at all. Is there one?
Is your car a pre facelift model by any chance if so you will not have a trip computer ;)

Its an 03, its got a trip computer. A and b trip but no mpg

Its a pre facelift it doenst have the fuel computer just has 2 trip meters.

The facelift has a little real time MPG digital gauge, average MPG, average speed, distance of fuel left, time of journey.

Pre facelift don't get fuel computer :( , only A & B trip. & Temp.
To have a fuel computer from a facelift added to a Pre would be a major major major job :eek: :eek: , soooo major probably impossible :( .

Can be done but you need to install something like the Scanguage - or use your Android phone with a Bluetooth OBD adapter and the Torque software.

Not exactly OWM, btu the best you will be able to do.

Surprised really because i would of thought that all the calculations would be done by the unit itself. The car knows the revs, throttle position and fuel amount already. The interior looms would be the same facelift or not.

Not sure - have a nose around and see if there has been a control cluster transplant done yet. Can't think of one though.

There's extra buttons on the steering wheel for the trip computer also. So does the pre facelift have the speed warning thing that you can set? I ***ume thats only facelifts that have that as you use the buttons for the computer to set it.

Extra buttons? Erm on left is stereo controls. And right side has 4 buttons for cruise control, set, adjust up, adjust down, and cancel

We have extra ones in where you fingers go - two on the left for the HFT and two on the other left for the OBC.

Ahh ill forget it then. Not messing around round steerin wheel functions