What's new

Mud guards

PaulPaul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Pet
What are peoples views on front and rear mud guards. I was thinking of putting some on my NEW Accord. Are they a waste of time and money, do they spoil the look of the car or do they do anygood and protect?

They are useful but not to the extent that they can protect the car from other damage from foreign objects.

In that regard I see them as pointless. Given the area these guards protect, is it actually worth it? Personally I dont think they are.

I agree with SAJ also they look horrible IMO

These days normal cars tend to be very low to what they used to be, so making mudguards pretty much obsolete. Front ones will give you a bit of protection it's true, but looks a bit naff. Think estates would get away with it more than saloons! just my two pence worth :D

I have them (already fitted when purchased), I like the look with them on..
part of me thinks they should be mandatory to reduce spray...

J

I have them (already fitted when purchased), I like the look with them on..
part of me thinks they should be mandatory to reduce spray...

J

Depending on wind conditions and speeds, mud guards actually accentuate the problem and make spray worse. Personally I dont think they're all they are cracked up to be. Each to their own though....

yey we disagreed on something :), they can mess nice lines up and make good snow wedge collectors...

I have been debating with myself for some time to either keep or remove the fitted mud guards......

I removed them this morning and the car looks much better IMO! Even the wife commented!

I have been debating with myself for some time to either keep or remove the fitted mud guards......

I removed them this morning and the car looks much better IMO! Even the wife commented!

So with or without??

IMG01285-20120225-1108.jpg

IMG01284-20120225-1108.jpg