What's new

Multiple dashboard warning lights

Adam

Reaction score
Car
8th gen honda accord
Hey everyone, I own a 2009 honda accord tourer, 90 thousand on the clock, 2.2 dtec

I have an issue with warning lights coming on the dash, this has been happening for around a year, started once in a while but now its constant

On all the time are:
Vsa/tsa
Airbag

Intermittently:
Engine light
Power steering light

When engine light comes on i loose all my dials, no speedo etc

If I press my door lock switch it clears the intermittent lights and gets my dials back from anything from 5 seconds to a hour before they come back on again

The car has been to 4 different garages and had a total of 6 weeks in different garages with knowone finding the issue.

I've had all fuses checked, all the wires, bumpers off to check earth points
Battery checked, alternater checked, abs module unplugged to see what happens to lights

One garage told me I need a new ecu
One said new abs pump
One said new instrument panel

The only code I have seen for the car when plugged in is * lost communication with instrument panel*

Does that mean it's a new instrument panel possibly?

Any help would be great, dont like driving a car that could be dangerous for my family to be in

Thanks

Do you have any issues with performance, fuel economy or when starting the car?

No issues with anything, that's the thing, the car runs and drivers perfectly so it's leaving me clueless

Has the car ever been remapped or the ecu ever tampered with for any reason? This is not a common problem so most likely something in the car’s history will help you determine what’s caused it. Is it a damaged repair vehicle by any chance?

Yes the car has had a ecu remap, I did use a company that should know what there doing but, do you think that could be the issue?

If this has happened after their work then it’s a likely cause yes. They will have needed to remove and split open the ecu to flash it. Anything could have happened.

Okay thank you, its definitely worth looking into then