Theaccordman

Members
Reaction score
Car
79 Accord 73 Civic
At last

My car is road legal.

DayofMOTtest.jpg

She sailed through the MOT, not bad for a car that has been sat in a dry garage for six years. Passed this very morning about 12 20pm then straight for tax for 6 months.

TaxandMOTpass.jpg

A brand new Honda exhaust was fitted, new coolant, filters and oil. She purrs like a kitten.

UpatHondadayofpass.jpg

What is great for me this is the first Mk1 Accord that I have owned to be road legal. My other 5 were all too fragile to get anywhere.

So this is my start to a very light recommissioning not a resto she doesn't need it.

I hope to get to some shows very soon.

I'll post on this thread when I get onto the little jobs. The main thing was getting the car road worthy. It feels like a new car driving it.

Drivewayrear.jpg

The MOT tester remembered the early Accords and he has never seen one in this condition. He lifted up the carpet in the boot to look at the spare for the test and was gobsmacked to how clean everything was and that the spare wheel had no rust or dirt on it and had never been used.

He also mentioned how quiet it was.

32 years old and still feels like new.

The panels are all done. Just need to get the wing painted to match. All I needed to do was get it road legal.

On the news of a header. I don't have one at all. The ones on my spare engine are different to the engine from yours. If only I kept the engine from my 78 saloon when I parted it.

128card080.jpg

128card067.jpg

It was a August 1st 78 just on a T reg. Basically the saloon version of your model code. In hindsight this would have been the ultimate rare Accord. But no parts and no money it had to be parted. If only it came accross my path now.

chris, your accord looks excellent, very old school.

chris, your accord looks excellent, very old school.

And everything original. Even the exhaust is a Honda unit!

Just lucky that it came along before I gave up all hope and sold all my spares