What's new

My experience with jerkiness at low revs (diesel)

joooe

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CTDi
I recon that this may not work with all of you, but it's so simple and cheap that I decided to share it.
I have had the annoying jerkiness at low revs, when just cruising at constant speed and my foot pressing the accelerator very lighty.
I came accross the same situation in a Honda spanish forum, refering to the Accord 7th diesel.
Based on the information gathered there, here's what I did:

- Removed the ECU fusefor a minute or so to clear the memory (engine compartment fuse box - check the inside of the cover for guidance).

- Disconnected the ACCELERATOR PEDAL SENSOR plug and gave it a good spray with electronic contact spray. Did the same with the plug in the device and the device itself.
I advise you to put some paper towels below the sensor, to avoid the spray dripping below.
You should find the sensor in either side (mine is in the left) of the engine compartment, near the back - easy to find because the accelerator cable is connected to it.
[font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]
b2315.jpg
[/size][/font]

- Then I simply reconnected the plug, but used plastic straps to secure the plug to the device firmly.

Couldn't believe when the jerkiness was gone!

Very interesting Nuno, great find. Well done on fixing your problem, bet your well pleased!

Cheers Nuno. Infact I think I remember you mentioning this last year. Well someone definitely did, because I tried it, but unfortunately this didnt work for me :D

I still have my hopes set on the frequency solenoid valve :D

Good info though and definitely worth a try people!

Good stuff Nuno. Someone had also posted a while ago about taking the slack out of the accerator cable. Can't remember who it was, was on the old forum.

It was me and CJ, but best not to take all the slack in - as some slack is necessary to ensure the cable doesn't end up stretching too much..

Good info there Nuno, can't say I've ever heard of this before though..

It was me and CJ, but best not to take all the slack in - as some slack is necessary to ensure the cable doesn't end up stretching too much..

Good info there Nuno, can't say I've ever heard of this before though..
eh and me!

^ yeah whatever :huh: lol

Hey you I beg to differ. :huh: I raised this ages ago whilst I was doing the write up for the FF. That's when I adjusted mine...

I'm pulling your proverbial leg dude :huh: You are right though, you did mention it first - just slipped my mind. I just remember CJ and I adjusting my cable slack..