What's new

Nav accord sound issue

shadow2kn

Reaction score
Car
CL7 and CL9
Hi all,
my nav accord that has premium sound system.. seems to loose all bass and stuff soon as the vol goes above 12... starts sounding quite flat

Anyway to get around this, reason i say that coz my simpler cl7 with no nav or premium sound system sounds so much better and as you increase the vol, everything increases and you get a good deep bass as well..

also the nav one has speaker in the rear doors as well whereas the simpler one doesnt

any ideas?

it's a feature, not a bug :) thanks to the alpine amp in the pss
all of us with the factory premium sound system experience a bass cutoff at the(iirc) 14 mark on volume knob

I remedied the problem slightly by changing my fronts for some jl audio 2way coax speakers, but there's always room for more improvement

I replaced the parcel shelf ones, but not much improvement, i actually like the parcel shelf ones to produce more sound and bass
sometimes, i fade the front ones out a bit

i once installed in the old cl7, by putting the amp in the boot and taking main feed from battery(which was a task) and remote from cigarette lighter socket(not ideal as it'll turn on everytime ignition is turned to 1(where it just displays the time) and start draining your battery... had an issue once i just left the key in position 1 so the steering stays unlocked and that ended up draining the battery.

so remote is my first issue, any ideas?

2nd thing i did was, took feed from the rear speakers and fed that into the amp which worked a treat

My first call would be to replace all speakers. As said some half decent 2 ways up front to go with the new rears should make a world of difference. The standard audio kit is 20 year old tech that's also been used for 20 years.