What's new

NAVI display test?

Backintime32

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
I am in the progress of installing oem navi in my 07 accord, bought harness on eBay, I just want to know it the display should power on without the DVD rom? At least the backlight? The radio works and the sub/clock display works but nothing on the display, and no cd. I have connected the power cables on the back directly to the cigaret lighter connector just to test but I get nothing...anybody know anything about this? Thanks!

hi, the navi should light up without DVD and if the DVD isn't found or faulty then it's saying that you need the DVD to use the NAVI

Hmm, That is strange, I get nothing when I push the power button..I don't understand...do you have any ideas?

Hi
I have the navi manual and I will take a look but the navigation comes alive when you put the key in position II and it's closing itself if you don't press the Ok button from the screen

I'm guessing that you don't have power on it.
Can't upload the photos on photobucket

Thanks! Could it be so weird that it needs the acc power wire to actually be wired to acc? Now I just have a cable spliced into the two power wires and connected it to the cigarette lighter positiv. Stil thinks that is strange but...

mate, I will gladly tell you more if I knew but my knowledge regarding the connectivity functionality its limited. but for sure it should light up when turning the ignition key to position II. You need to find some accord navi electronic diagrams to fix this

Backintime32 said:
Thanks! Could it be so weird that it needs the acc power wire to actually be wired to acc? Now I just have a cable spliced into the two power wires and connected it to the cigarette lighter positiv. Stil thinks that is strange but...

Cris said:
mate, I will gladly tell you more if I knew but my knowledge regarding the connectivity functionality its limited. but for sure it should light up when turning the ignition key to position II. You need to find some accord navi electronic diagrams to fix this
as Cris says, circuit diagrams might help

what car is it (year, body type, engine type, etc)
presumably car is left-hand-drive, maybe give the first 10 characters of the VIN

I have the wiring diagrams but can't any for the internals:( I guess it is missing some LCd power on signal or that something is dead in the backlight circuit but still don't know if it would power on without the DVD rom. It is a 2007 sedan with the icdti engine

you are asking if it will power up without the dvd unit rom ? if this is the case I do not know mate !

Cris said:
you are asking if it will power up without the dvd unit rom ? if this is the case I do not know mate !
same here, and I don't fancy disconnecting the DVD ROM unit in my car just to find out :eek:

That is what I want to know yes, I think it is strange if it does not power on in any form without the DVD rom.