What's new

NAVI PROBLEM ON 2004 EXECUTIVE

Danielaccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord EX NAVI
HI THERE ACCORD FOLLOWER, I AM A NEWBIE TO ACCORDS, I BOUGHT A LATE 04 EXEC WITH NAVI, THE NAVI DOESNT HAVE DVD INSIDE. WHEN THE CAR IS SWITCHED OF IT WORKS AND THEN WHEN I SWITCH THE ENGINE ON THE SCREEN BLANKS OUT AND I CANT USE IT... NEED HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
THANKS!! RADIO WORKS FINE IN BOTH SITUATIONS

Is there someone who can send me a copy of this disk? An iso image or something...?
I would appreciate it a lot!!!!!!!

Check on ebay, there are probably a few around. However, copied DVD's can be difficult to read in the Accord DVD drive.

Check on ebay, there are probably a few around. However, copied DVD's can be difficult to read in the Accord DVD drive.
They also burn out the laser very quickly. Needs to be a special double layer DVD. Quite a few threads in the forum about this.

Daniel i would only but a genuine copy for your sat nav TBO.Have a search as there are plenty of topics on this subject.

Just had a though we might have some members hear with an old genuine DVD.When you say your car is a late 2004 i still presume its a pre facelift.

yes it is a pre facelift...
i will try it tomorrow morning inserting a blank dvd see what happens... i don't need navi over here i just need the screen to function as a cd player and ac thingy...
i just checked my cars service history and i think i just f**** up... there is a lapse between 2008 and 2011... no service history but from 04 - 08 good service history...
i am gonna do a service and 123000 miles... 0w-30 syntethic fuchs oil, bosch fuel filter and bosch oil filter... and a new air filter... we'll see from there...
the engine works fine and fires up in 2 seconds after i ignite the switch... it does make a funny noise but it may be just me... but il take it to the mechanic this weekend just to be sure its nothing serious...
i previously had a Toyota corolla II windy, a hatch back and its quite a jump in performance for me and the Honda is more comfortable and rides smoother then the other one...

Hello Daniel

To operate the other functions you will need the disk and only really use a genuine disk as copies can damage the drive. Did you not realise this issue when you bought the car?

Yes do get the car checked over mechanically and see what they say.

the problem is that I was told the dvd was useless in malta ( where I live), so i didnt take care...

so i put in an audio disc yesterday in the disc changer... every now and then it changes to radio and i dont touch anything is there a solution to this problem??

Just been to try out mine, as I get dvd error come up when cold. So I removed the disc (ignition on) then switched ignition off, then switched on and got "please replace disc" ignored that and switched AIR CON the screen came up and I could operate the heater from the options, then allow the screen to shut down, then switched to audio and the screen came up with all the options was able to tune radio from there. Only thing I cannot do without a disc is set the clock. Just give it time to sort itself out it should work for you even without a disc. If what you are doing is switching on and not starting then yes the screen will come up, then when you turn the key to the start it will go off and then come on again.

Just been to try out mine, as I get dvd error come up when cold. So I removed the disc (ignition on) then switched ignition off, then switched on and got "please replace disc" ignored that and switched AIR CON the screen came up and I could operate the heater from the options, then allow the screen to shut down, then switched to audio and the screen came up with all the options was able to tune radio from there. Only thing I cannot do without a disc is set the clock. Just give it time to sort itself out it should work for you even without a disc. If what you are doing is switching on and not starting then yes the screen will come up, then when you turn the key to the start it will go off and then come on again.

its a 2.2 i-ctdi

i wont come back on and it sometimes tries and gets stuck in the startup...
what is wrong with my carrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... also the cd to radio problem is not from the disc,,,

you are saying it is normal for the stereo to f**** up like this? give it time, how much time?

I think you're going to need to check the connectors and wires coming out the back, sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere if it's intermittently booting up and then not working, and flicking between CD and radio randomly.
I'm not sure on the connections in the unit, is it all one unit with a cable coming out? Or are there connectors between the screen unit and the drive for example?

I think you're going to need to check the connectors and wires coming out the back, sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere if it's intermittently booting up and then not working, and flicking between CD and radio randomly.
I'm not sure on the connections in the unit, is it all one unit with a cable coming out? Or are there connectors between the screen unit and the drive for example?

connectors everywhere... xd

also the cd to radio problem is not from the disc,,,
I think you're correct i.e. you seem to have two separate problems

1. the satnav no longer has any data in memory, so it needs a reload of data. Once it has the data I think (I'm not sure) that it will load up the way said by John/edgeoftime

2. a fault with the wiring

btw you can see the exploded views at Lings Honda website, though it might not help much

click on the link below
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php

best to use your VIN number

then you should get to something like this (not your car btw)
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_block_selection_C30.php?mod_01=445

The battery was replaced in 2011... Maybe theydid not change the battery while a charger was connected....

one wouldn't normally fit a charger when changing a battery. But yeah, that's when the navi lost all its data.

So an up date... The noise is from a tensioner just under the the upper most rotor... Getting it replaced asap... Cd to radio was my miatake... I had trafic announcements on duhhhh as for blanking while started i am starting to think its a loose connection because it works whilethe engine is not started... Ac tells me to switch on the engine and audio works well too... Could it be a loose contact? By the way do all exec have alarms?

I no mate trust Eric ha ha