What's new

Navigation discs

stuartmc

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer
Hi my 2003 still has the original SatNav DVD in it and I would like to get one with newer maps. Is the Honda dealer the only option or can I get one from Alpine or even ebay. Is there a generic one or is the DVD specific for Honda. Would a newer DVD also have updated software. On my MG a newer SatNav disc updated the software also.

You may find second hand ones on ebay, but you need to check that the version is compatible.

Afraid I am not overly sure what yours can go to.

The disc does update your software and POI's too.

I am guessing I need a V2 as the V3 discs say they have TMC which mine doesn't appear to have.

Hi Stuartmc, I recently upgraded my satnav disc. I have a 2.0 Exec on a 56 plate. I have the original disc, for Europe, 2005/6 which I will bring along to the Honda meet at Holdcroft on saturday. Perhaps, if you are attending, we can check to see if this disc will work on your system, if so, we could possibly do business.

I don't think they will work I'm afraid....

I am guessing I need a V2 as the V3 discs say they have TMC which mine doesn't appear to have.
Stuart, is your sat nav voice activated?
I think one of the differences between the two version is that V3 is for the voice activated sat nav.
I think the disk already in will tell you what version otherwise you can either get it from the sat nav menu or you may need to go into the diagnostics menu
Diagnostics Menu Sat Nav

Pretty certain that V2 and V3 are not compatible with each other

Hi Stuartmc, I recently upgraded my satnav disc. I have a 2.0 Exec on a 56 plate. I have the original disc, for Europe, 2005/6 which I will bring along to the Honda meet at Holdcroft on saturday. Perhaps, if you are attending, we can check to see if this disc will work on your system, if so, we could possibly do business.
Kev yours will be V3, I'm with Dan on this one I don't think it'll work but maybe worth a try, no harm in bringing it

Having delved quite extensively into the satnav software I can answer the compatibility question and tell you with 100% certainty they will not be compatible. What we refer to as v2 discs are for non voice activated cars, and v3 for the ones that are. The software is quite different and totally incompatible. In practice this means for pre and post facelift models discs are not interchangeable.

Thanks all. I found out the same answer. I need a 2.xx for my pre-facelift without voice activation. It appears that the xx represents the year and as far as I can work out 2.08 (2008) is the latest available for this model. The discs themselves are different colours too. The 2.xx is black and silver and the 3.xx is grey. So it's either £200 to Honda or keep an eye on ebay for a newer one. As far as I can work out the same unit is used across the range during that period of time so the disc from a Civic, CRV, etc should work too.

Only Honda/Alpine know how they come up with the version numbering, enough to say the sub version can be confusing. It may look to relate to the date but that is just a coincidence. You are right that they are common across the range so forget which model the disc originally came from, I would think ebay a reasonable place to get a genuine disc, just need a bit of patience till one comes up. As people update last years discs can be got a good price, though maps are usually updated every two years, though an interim disc might be released to deal with something else.

I don't know of anywhere that lists all the v2 releases and what was update and when. If you come across one it would be really helpful.

There's a version 2.10 available. Seen it advertised while doing a search on Google. Only £40, but I can't remember the name of the company. If I find it I will let you know. I am running version 2.08 in my 03 Accord at the moment but need to update as there are so many little things missing. It doesn't even show the bank that I use( been there for years), but still shows the branch of Lloyds that closed down 2 years ago.
Try www.satnavupdates.com

Thanks for the link, ordered it yesterday and arrived today, cheaper than I could find on Ebay too. Now have Database Ver. 02.0806.220809.1201 and software Ver. 04.74.00 Have just installed it so haven't had time to test anything other than the fact that the Nav system starts up.

Stuart, let me know if the 2010 disc is any better than your previous version. I'm running a 2008 version at the moment and am wondering if it's worth upgrading. :(

What database and software version do you have? If I read this properly then my database is actually 2008 and a half rather than a 2010. I have noticed it takes much longer for the OK button to show on startup, can't say I've noticed any other differences.

Stuart, how did your update go? Are you happy with it? I have the original 54 plate CD so also a 2.x version. I have been 'haggling' with the Honda Parts people and managed to get them down to £150 for a 1 year old version but am still not overly happy about paying that much. I actually find it quite amusing as my car appears to go offroad occasionally (when I hit more recent roads). I watched EBay for quite a while with no luck... seems the CDs are like buses.... nothing for ages.... then a few crop up at the same time... ;-)

@stuartmc

I ordered one of those as well and it doesn't work. Now I can't get in touch with the guys either. Did you find them good, has anyone else used them?

I am beginning to think I may be in trouble here, will let you all know if I can't get in touch with them. Until then I advise caution.

I have a question.
I've just gone a brought a 06 plate Accord from Stratstone Honda in North Yorkshire.
Can I ask them for a updated CD for the satnav, at no cost?

@stuartmc

I ordered one of those as well and it doesn't work. Now I can't get in touch with the guys either. Did you find them good, has anyone else used them?

I am beginning to think I may be in trouble here, will let you all know if I can't get in touch with them. Until then I advise caution.

Ok he was very good to me in fact. Unfortunately, he says,the discs just don't work in some cars! He refunded me without my asking for it and doesn't want the DVD back. I may be able to make it work somehow I suppose but I only lost the postage which is pretty decent of him I think.

I had 3.01. Now I have 3.23 which works fine except, as someone said, that it takes longer, until the OK button appear at the beginning.And if I'm not wrong the latest version is 3.41 which should work also.

I had 3.01. Now I have 3.23 which works fine except, as someone said, that it takes longer, until the OK button appear at the beginning.And if I'm not wrong the latest version is 3.41 which should work also.

Cheers, i'll keep an eye out for those.

Now is there anyway to stop that bleedin annoying sat nav acceptance splash screen from appearing every single time?

You will find lots of people have tried to hack the Honda SatNav to disable this but not many have had any success. Those that have succeeded have had to hack the actual software then rebuld it and reinstall. Really a huge amount of very technical hassle for very little return.

You will find lots of people have tried to hack the Honda SatNav to disable this but not many have had any success. Those that have succeeded have had to hack the actual software then rebuld it and reinstall. Really a huge amount of very technical hassle for very little return.

You know they only have it because someone tried to sue them after an accident but still annoying.

Much better if it only came on after a cold start or always flashed the message but you only had to select enter every couple of months.

@stuartmc

Hi,

I recently bought a v2.10 disc from one of those 'unmentionable' sites and the disc does not work. Reading the 'weasel words' after purchase and pre-refund attempt, I realised, too late, that my money has gone down the pan! That'l teach me for trying to cut corners. I am now in search of a disc that will actually work!

Hi,

I recently bought a v2.10 disc from one of those 'unmentionable' sites and the disc does not work. Reading the 'weasel words' after purchase and pre-refund attempt, I realised, too late, that my money has gone down the pan! That'l teach me for trying to cut corners. I am now in search of a disc that will actually work!

This is probably because the DVD reader in the car doesn't read burnt dual layer disks very well, if at all. I've been looking for a v2.10 disk, but the genuine ones are prohibitively expensive, and the 'back ups', are unreadable in the car :-(

This is probably because the DVD reader in the car doesn't read burnt dual layer disks very well, if at all. I've been looking for a v2.10 disk, but the genuine ones are prohibitively expensive, and the 'back ups', are unreadable in the car :-(

'Back ups' are unreadable in the car because not all the files on the original disc are copied to the new disc. I tried to 'back up' my original disc and this is what happened (and I could not forced my computer to copy the missing files to my new DVD disc). I was guessing that this is what happened to my purchased upgrade, but by reading your comment, that could also be a plausable reason.

Guys i hate to burst the bubble but you should only be using genuine disks and not copies.
The reason has been talked on here time and time again.A copied disk will burn your DVD out twice as quick and be a very expensive repair.