What's new

(nearly) full service

dcm1971

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer
Wish I had known the Accord Diesel has expensive tastes in liquids, and I KNOW I am getting a discount on this, so as I don't know the history of the car etc I thought I would treat it to a decent service, so the list is.....

Engine oil
Oil filter
Gearbox oil
Brake fluid flush
coolant flush
air filter
pollen filter
Honda fuel filter

And a good look over to give me a heads up of what will need looking at..... I suppose I can't grumble at £250.......

Well, seems that my car hasn't seen a service for a while, filters were bogging apparently. Confirmed I got a cracked exhaust manifold, front anti rollbar drop links worn and auto headlamp adjuster on near side inoperative.

Your next service will be really cheap as you have done all the major fluids this time.Next time just oil, oil filter, pollen filter, and air filter.But that's a good price for all that work.

Personally I'd just change the oil and oil filter at the next service. But definitely consider doing this sooner than the usual 12,500 miles interval... I agree with the theory that timing chain wear is accelerated by soot build-up in the engine oil.

Yeah next service will just be oil and oil filter change in a year as I only do about 10-11,000 miles a year.