What's new

Need a flywheel

zeiii

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord ictdi
Hello,like the topic says,i need a flywheel for my 2004 ictdi accord.I´ve remmaped my car 2 years ago.About a year the clutch as began to slip,so i put 2 carbon clutch discs,and that solved the problem.Now a month ago my flywheel gave up and i need one.The flywheel at honda portugal is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive,so if anyone here could help me ,with online store parts ou anything,i apreciated a LOT.

Look on ebay seen LUK ones on there for a reasonable price.

you will need to source localy i would suggest due the the weight and postage. as you may know, they are VERY heavy. have you tryed your local parts factors? they will be cheeper than genuine. other option is to source a solid flywheel conversion. i know they are avaliable for the ford duratec diesels, without searching myself someone on here may know of a kit for the i-ctdi?

Hello,like the topic says,i need a flywheel for my 2004 ictdi accord.I´ve remmaped my car 2 years ago.About a year the clutch as began to slip,so i put 2 carbon clutch discs,and that solved the problem.Now a month ago my flywheel gave up and i need one.The flywheel at honda portugal is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive,so if anyone here could help me ,with online store parts ou anything,i apreciated a LOT.
Hi,I have genuine fly wheel,but I do not know how much cost to send to Portugal from UK.Fly wheel very heavy.

It depends on the cost of the flywheel in Portugal compared the UK. Easiest option is get a weight and do some enquiries with DHL etc also freight forwarders and do you live near any haulage companies who have trucks running to the uk?

Anyone fancy a holiday in Portugal?

What's the weather like?

Actually I wouldn't mind going to Portugal - had some family go there a few years back and raved about the food and wine - they were up some mountain or other in a vineyard.

Don't know if this is any good or indeed if they will deliver to Portugal My link. I believe they have an ebay store as well.

Does anyone know if the US CL9 has the flywheel lighter than Euro CL9?

looks like honda uk are not the only ones with excessive prices, thats the worst thing about honda.

Well is not about the price , I have an issue with revs hanging while you change gears , so a lighter flywheel might help, but also I do not want too light (like racing flywheels or something)
There is a nice clutch kit from Exedy (OEM replacement for US CL9) which includes clutch and everything including flywheel (Exedy HCK1001) , on ebay you can find the entire kit for 250 US $ .
So that's why I was wondering if the TSX flywheel is lighter (I've read somewhere that it might be , like the US CL9 has 18 lbs while the the Euro CL9 has 23lbs , but not sure if is true, but if it is I would like to use the US CL9 flywheel instead).
That''s why I'm asking if you guys know the weight of the Euro CL9 flywheel ?
http://www.exedyusa.com/oe/HCK1001