What's new

Need info

Jan Accord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord CN1
Hi guys

I noticed that my car makes some rattle sound when starting the engine for the first 2-3 seconds.

For hear is like low oil preasure so i'm wondering if anyone of you know where is located the oil anti drain back valve on the N22A1?

I checked around but didn't find any useful info...I didn't find if the i-CTDi engine does have this valve?!

Any input is welcome

Thanks in advance

Jan

What grade of oil do you use?

Already tryied 2 different. 5w30 and 0w40 and makes no difference.
The oil is replaced every 4500-5000km with new genuine filter

Have you tried hamp shortie oil filter?

sent using tapatalk

No, they have paper cartridges.

Surely that's a mistake that it's shows the N22 motors in that list?

Looks like a good bit of kit for a petrol motor though.

Thanks andy the hamp shortie oil filter has valve built in and will also increase oil pressure

sent using tapatalk

0w30 for the N22, could be anything from chain rattle to, to pulley distortion, to weakening of an engine mount. How long has it been doing it?

It's not an 0w30 oil for the N22 over here. In the summer the air temp. can hit 40C°.
However an 0w40 oil have the same viscosity when cold as 0w30 so this makes no sense to try.
As you mentioned the chain, but usualy it makes an specific sound well known for it. It's for sure from the valvetrain.
The pulley i already checked.
I'm also considering the injector leaking which is usualy detected like in mine case on cold start up ( light knocking ).
The maximum range of corection readed with the HDS is1,8mg per cycle so this can also be an option.

However i still need the info for the drain back valve