What's new

Need new tyres on my Type S, but which ones?

gazzarose

Members
Reaction score
Car
Gen8 Accord Tourer
Hi guys,

The front tyres on my Type S Tourer are almost gone, so going to need new ones. At the moment the fronts and the rears don't match, and they're all cheapy ditch finders. When I had my Lexus I fitted the same Pirellis thats it came with from the factory, but don't even know what the Type S would have come with. I was looking at kind of the £120 price range, so that seems to leave me with Hankooks (had some on my wifes Fiesta and they were ok, but my dad has got them on his Lexus and they're horrible, so undecided), Falkens (no experience with them at all) or Bridgestones (wifes got them on her MX5 and they are massively better than the chinese crap that came on it when we bought it). The majority of my miles are motorway, so want them to be quite quiet with decent braking performance in the wet. I don't really throw the Types arounf B roads, thats what the MX5 is for, so don't really need super sticky performance types. It would just be nice to be able to be able to pull off a bit quicker in the wet without spinning too much.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth

try this mate,

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk

great prices you won't find anywhere.... i got my accord 2.2 , 4 tyres costing m only £266 and they were good year asymmetrical 2 reinforced.

For them fitted £11 each corner still saved me £50 from the best tyre sites.

I highly recommend "goodyear asymmetrical 2" it ticks all boxes of: quality, longevity, noise, grip and cornering....

Goodyear get good reviews, quiet and grippy.

The true Honda fan boys would tell you to get Yokohama....but they are pricey.

Yes they are good, however not all rounder... i mean full package is missing....

Yokohama tyres are graded if not all mostly as F for fuel economy.

Good year Asymtrical 2:
Grip= B
Fuel=C
Noise= 69db

Thanks for the replies guys. Those goodyears sound just the ticket. My wifes going to get them through a local company that's does all of their vans so I can get a good rate there. I think yokos are probably a bit ott for a family bus. Lol.

Thanks again

You won't be disappointed mate. I am already in love with goodyear asymtrical 2. Ticks all the boxes, especially the noise is most comforting part.

Thumbs up!