What's new

New 8th Gen Accord EX owner :)

You are not wrong.

A mate's M3 (59 plate) have had several warranty issues (electrical) already and she is not happy...

Also my gf's Audi A3 has gremelins like reverse sensor fault and then magically fixes itself, oxygen sensor fault, burns lots of oil and it has such little kit that it cant really justify its price.

German cars seems to do well behind this quite unfounded reputation of reliability, and their desirability as well. Neither quality are something that makes GOOD cars... I think the Japanese have got it right, make it good first and foremost!

Ironic you mention the M3, My friend too has an 09 plater and that had some of the worst electrical problems I've ever known about. Reliability my backside. Its snob factor - thats it. But considering how common as muck these Mercs/BMWs/Audi's are, I much prefer the executive elite rarity of the Accord. Those cars are indeed more desirable, but they'll never knock the Japanese off the top for solidity and reliability. Ever.

Ironic you mention the M3, My friend too has an 09 plater and that had some of the worst electrical problems I've ever known about. Reliability my backside. Its snob factor - thats it. But considering how common as muck these Mercs/BMWs/Audi's are, I much prefer the executive elite rarity on fthe Accord. Those cars are indeed more desirable, but they'll never knock the Japanese off the top for solidity and reliability. Ever.

Common...that they are :lol:

Common...that they are :lol:

Indeed - and most of the common as muck ones that are drievn are the basic, poverty spec rubbish that costs the same as a brand new Accord with next to no features on them at all. Even the baseline Accord ES has more going for it than some of its counterpart rivals from Deutschland.

I'm not saying German cars arent worth the hype - they probably are. However, they are also like Marmite - either you love them or you dont and I am very proud to fall into that latter category along with my hatred for all things Apple/Steve Jobs related. I wouldnt urinate on any of them even if they were on fire :lol: