What's new

New Buyer Advice

Smiffy

Reaction score
Car
08 Accord / 56 Civic
[SIZE=10pt]Hi Guys,

I'm looking at possibly purchasing a 05/06 Accord Diesel and have a few questions.

I understand that you only get a trip computer if you get the installed sat nav option (or navi as most of you seem to call it!), is this correct?

Is climate control and cruise control standard accross the board.

and which model would you recommend, Sport or Exec.

What sort of mpg are you guys getting, or how many miles to a full tank esp. on mostly motorway miles.

I currently run a 03 MG ZT CDTi and despite having nearly 150k on the clock with a cheap chip, travelling at an average speed of 60-70 i'm getting 660 miles to a tank (also 65L) which is pretty good on the BMW engine. Anyone expect or seen similar in their Honda?

Thanks guys
[/SIZE]

I think the fuel consumption is only on face lift models, 2006 onwards. Regardless of the sat nav fitted or not or model spec. The exec has heated seats, xenons, full learner etc. As the sport doesn't have these extras. I have a sport GT 2008 with all the toys apart from the heated seats, I get around 38-40mpg around the doors and 48-54 on a run. And get around the same miles per tank 650ish but I know with a Fahad remap, you get more miles per gallon and a much more smooth power curve.

Neil Pascoe said:
I think the fuel consumption is only on face lift models, 2006 onwards. Regardless of the sat nav fitted or not or model spec. The exec has heated seats, xenons, full learner etc. As the sport doesn't have these extras. I have a sport GT 2008 with all the toys apart from the heated seats, I get around 38-40mpg around the doors and 48-54 on a run. And get around the same miles per tank 650ish but I know with a Fahad remap, you get more miles per gallon and a much more smooth power curve.
This is really helpful, thanx

I would highly recommend the face lift executive model. any model from 2006-2008.

Leather seats, heated seats, front electric moveable positions and headlight washers. Unfortunately mine never came with xenons but as i think xenons were an optional extra from the factory.
if you dont like leather seats then the sport is your choice

I am currently getting around 54mpg on my round weekly trip to work. M25, M40 and A355 so a mix bag of traffic, town driving and a bit of free open motorway on the m40. M25 is rammed in the mornings so its a slow crawl to the m40. But at 54mpg overall it is pretty good for such a big car. in the summer time it can increase to around 58 to 60mpg

Overall i easily get 600 miles to tank before the light comes on. As soon as the light comes on i fill up as the fuel filters in these engines are pretty sensitive and any debris sucked up and cause running issues.

Check here for more info
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/17428-buying-an-accord/

I believe climate control is standard but not sure about cruise control. pretty sure it is though

Hope it helps

I've got climate control and cruise control on my pre-facelift diesel sport tourer. No trip computer or sat nav though.