What's new

New Civic Daylight running lightson Accord?

sipepguru

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th gen 2008
Keep seeing these daylight running lights all over the place.

I was hoping one of you "advance members" might attempt some sort of mod and fit them

Your best bet is have a chat to Jav.He has DLRL'S in place of his front fogs and look very good indeed.

Hear you go have a look at the thread

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4609-my-2nd-attempt-daytime-running-lights/

thank for the link. never seen those before. looks an easy mod but wont your rear fog light come on at the same time or has he played with the wirining.

thank for the link. never seen those before. looks an easy mod but wont your rear fog light come on at the same time or has he played with the wirining.
The rear fogs are switched separate to the front.But you would have to mod the wiring so you don't have to put your head lights on with the fogs.
Jav will no this in detail

Ive bought some lights to do mine but I still need to get a special relay adapter thing that turns the DR lights off when the headlights come on. I also need to work out how easy the headlights are to come out as I want to fit the lights on the top of them as it looks like there's enough room. If it looks too hard I may see if Honda would fit them for me.

These are simlar to what Ibought

Ive bought some lights to do mine but I still need to get a special relay adapter thing that turns the DR lights off when the headlights come on. I also need to work out how easy the headlights are to come out as I want to fit the lights on the top of them as it looks like there's enough room. If it looks too hard I may see if Honda would fit them for me.

These are simlar to what Ibought
Jason the head light are a piece of cake to take out just 4 bolts.But you need to take the bumper off to do this.

Jason mate trust me its so easy.I done my hids last month and nether took a bumper if before.
It was a bit tricky putting it back on as its easer with 2 people.
Have a look at james hid DIY its very helpful.
In the 8th gen section I think.

I think i can see what you're trying to do. Those LEDs have adhesive on the back, you can just stick them on top of the headlight- no need to take them off!! That is if you wanted them between the bonnet and headlight. I would recommend side shine LED strips.

When I get the chance Ill find the link. Im sure James only lives 30 mins away. I wonder if he fancyies doing a DIY guide on fitting some DRL's :rolleyes:

I think i can see what you're trying to do. Those LEDs have adhesive on the back, you can just stick them on top of the headlight- no need to take them off!! That is if you wanted them between the bonnet and headlight. I would recommend side shine LED strips.

Thats what I wanted to do. The LEDs are on the side so Id fit them on top of the main head lights between the bonnet/wing. Even if I could slip the DRLs on top I wouldnee to put pressure on them for them to stick to the lights unless I take the out. Once in place, I was then going to use some clear bathroom silicone to stop water getting under it and lifting.

Another point I should make is that the leds I bought have power wires either end of the strip which means that I can run the cables towards the centre grill symmetrically. My brother bought some lights and his only had power leads at the one end which can make running the cables slightly more awkward.

I just noticed Bristol is 1hr 30 miins away so if you fancy fitting them Brett your more than welcome :D

They will easily stick, and they are waterproof. I have sent you a message.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-30CM-12-SMD-Side-emitting-Side-Shine-Glow-Flexible-DRL-LED-Strip-Light-/300776953927?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4607b41847

Ive used them on my doors

Untitled.jpg

20120609_230640.jpg

I just stuck them on and fed the cables into the bulb holder. It took 10 mins to take the door cards off, fit and put back ;)

Which relay should I buy? Theres loads to choose from. Some have different feaatures I think too. Like flashing with the indicter

I thought may be I get this one?.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-Relay-Harness-Auto-Car-Control-On-Off-Switch-12V-A014-/110951984710?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d540ee46#ht_2422wt_964

unless DLRs are stock they look chav (ie aftermarkets are chav).

why bother with them, just get good decent HiD kit or whatever.

when lexus had white rear lights ever man and his dog wanted them now when audi started DLRs everyone wants them

meh.

whoop di f**king whooo!

unless DLRs are stock they look chav (ie aftermarkets are chav).

why bother with them, just get good decent HiD kit or whatever.

when lexus had white rear lights ever man and his dog wanted them now when audi started DLRs everyone wants them

meh.

whoop di f**king whooo!
oi stick to pushin goalies around :lol: