What's new

New clutch and dmf yet still juddering

walton1231

Members
Reaction score
Car
walton
Ive had a New clutch and dmf fitted by honda yet my es gt is still juddering any ideas guys. I should add this usually happens on inclines. This is my first diesel after having 2 type rs and was wondering if maybe I'm driving it wrong lol

Is the car remapped?

Worn powertrain mounts or dampers? But you'd expect these to have been noticed by a Honda garage.

How many miles since it was replaced?

What's the dampers involve Jon? I've heard of these having problems in reverse due to the mount layout/setup

Is the juddering at low speed like parking up the car ?
If so its the norm for the 8th gen derv.
I'm sure it's to do with the engine mounts.

Brett it's only ever noticeable at low speeds ie pulling off and even more so on an incline or carrying load. But it is noticeable when downshifting. Does the 8th gen use dampers from the box/block?

Nice one mate. I personally think there was nothing wrong with my clutch and dmf leading to Honda thinking it's maybe a worn mount.

I may add the problem only seems to arrise when pulling of with a bit of urgency or as above when on an incline.

This maybe be nothing to do with it but these are known to have problems with engine mounts

Mine judders a bit when setting off but mainly reversing and especially up slight incline without enough revs on

Mine I'm told is within tolerance by dealer

Cheers impne. The dealer reckons the only thing it can be is a mount. Car is going in under warranty for a test drive on Friday so hopefully that can shine some light on it. Also add that Newcastle Honda reckon they have never changed a clutch and flywheel in this model whereas they've done loads in the cl7.

Hmmm Newcastle
On my old car I took it there as clutch slipping, they said it was fine. Took it to another dealer who changed it as completely gone.
Thought I'd try Newcastle again for last service and they put wrong oil in my car which has cost me to change to correct one myself
I'd just be careful and ask questions and make sure they get advice on it before you drop the car off
Sorry but I just don't trust them
I've managed to get the oil cleaned from the inside front window pillars from them dragging my car around the garage
Hope all goes well with it

I think it's just my bad luck with my car to be honest as have had very poor service from the Marshall group also in Harrogate and York.

I'm going to Kendal for next service as they've always been good

Right chaps bit of an update. The car went back to Marshall Honda after having the same problems persist after having a new clutch and flywheel fitted. I got a call back saying the flywheel they put in looked like it had done 90k miles after only 1000 miles tops, that's supposedly when Honda technical stepped in and advised the garage on what do do next. They've told me a new flywheel was put in whilst checking drive shafts and engine mounts but similar symptoms are still present. The car definitely seems better on down shifting and pulling away but I'm still not happy as there is definitely still some sort of vibration present albeit less. If I try to 'creep' away gently using just the clutch then I'm getting vibration which I think shouldnt be there at all after driving other diesel Hondas aswell as other marque's. I'm may add that whilst accelerating through 1st gear into 2nd there is definitely less vibration then before. With this being my fourth Honda I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this allowing me to fully enjoy my car.

Should of just stuck to my 90s petrol Hondas lol