What's new

New clutch but difficult gear change and fywheel fears

theballboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 accord cdti
Finally got the clutch put into the car. Originally started slipping around march with a remap and was fine after unistalled but knew it was only matter of time. Got a new orig Honda clutch for £200 and had Honda Chief mechanic install for me on his own time for £180 . Bargain me thinks. However he did say that there was quite alot of movement in the flywheel when he checked. Most people do them both at the same time.

Thing is I was under impression that the clutch was the main issue in these and not the flywheel. Now I'm freakjn out in case that goes within the next year. Will that mean a new clutch again?

Also difficult to change gear at times now without almost depressing the clutch pedal through the footwell. Does it take time just to bed in or will this always be the case . should I take it back to mechanic?

did you get a warranty with this bloke lol. the clutch is the cause of clutch slip in 99.9% of cases and not the flywheel. the flywheel may well cause what feels like a missfire if faulty but realy should be changed if it has too much or little play. so long as the clutch is removed carefully you may re-use it if you wish if removed again. regards gear change trouble i would suggest checking the cruise conroll switch on the clutch pedal box. it should not be adjusted any further than the freeplay in the pedal as it will ride the clutch. the bite point normaly changes with a new clutch and may well settle after a few hundred miles. however the gearbox linkages have to be removed to remove the gearbox so if your problems persist perhapse a stray clip has wedged itself in there?....could be a number of things i am affraid but i suggest you bed the clutch in over a hundred or so miles and see how things go. bleeding the clutch with fresh brake fluid may improve things?

Not sure on either. As usual trying to do things on the cheap but maybe a false economy. Gonna take it back and ask