What's new

New front bumper 2004 cdti

cobanstine

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 53
Hello People

I'm looking to change my front bumper on my accord as i've cracked it a little bit, the paint is coming off and lots of stone chips. So was wondering any advice guys in getting a new front bumper and how much should i be looking at. Also any advice on where to get one. So far just been looking on ebay

Cheers
Sat

What colour are you after ? You will probably find that a refurb and a full respray would be a better route to go down. I had a slight bump, scuffs and stone chips on mine and it cost me £200 for a full refurb to bring it back to looking like new in the correct honda paint colour B92P . Remember, If you buy 2nd hand the chances are you will be paying at least £100 + postage and it will prob need a respray anyway ! Aftermarket are not always a perfect fit and usually only come primed so you will need to fork out for a paint job anyway so you could be looking at anything from £400+

just buy one the same colour from a breaker, Definitely the cheapest route and they are so simple to fit as well.

It's a metalic grey. Would following the referb route sort the cracks out.

Yeh ill have a look around local breakers

Yes they can be filled with fiberglass and sanded down as part of the prep work, mine had a small split and came out looking like new. If you buy from a breaker seriously be prepared for scratches, scuffs, chips etc which are often difficult to see from photos on ebay and your left with a very large item to return if your not happy !

Alright thanks Bens, i'll have a look around for some quotes. If anyone knows any good people around Leeds Bradford give me a shout!

Don't get it fibreglass repaired. If its cracked get it plastic welded. Any good bodyshop will do this anyway.

The cheapest route will still be a second hand bumper though to be honest.

Satnam have you tried any breakers in Leeds/Bradford? There are loads of jap breakers round there

Not yet but i will have a look around. How much should i be expecting for a decent bumper from breakers

Not sure really, it can vary. Never tell them your colour as once they know its the right colour for your car they will charge more. You have to be constructive when inquiring and ask what colours they have