What's new

new purchase immenient. What to look out for

theballboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 accord cdti
hi all, wondering if you all can hlp me out or even point me in the right direction

Been looking for an accord for a while now. have finally found one that suits. Maybe Forking out £6k on a (new to me) accord diesel this weekend. When I go to see it what are the main issues i should look out for mechanically or othrwise?

The one Im going to see is the facelift model. 06 Sport with 73k mile. Was looking for facelift as company have usually sorted out any common issues / faults with the car by then but maybe this is not neccessary? Whats your thoughts

Cheers

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/2410-accord-check-list-for-newbies/

Super stuff thanks
Have made a list now.
Having a look tomorrow and bringing the mechanic on Monday

Will try a couple more searchs now then but again would appreciate some pointing in right direction
19" wheels / lowered tramlining issues
INstalling new stero whilst retaining steering wheel controls

CHeers all
Looking forward to contributing

Opps. Im just seeing that the climate control works from the stereo controls......... this is going to cause major issues for installing aftermarket headunit isn't it???

Super stuff thanks
Have made a list now.
Having a look tomorrow and bringing the mechanic on Monday

Will try a couple more searchs now then but again would appreciate some pointing in right direction
19" wheels / lowered tramlining issues
INstalling new stero whilst retaining steering wheel controls

CHeers all
Looking forward to contributing

19's arent so common over here, fahad has 19 inch rages ( ctr rims ) on his and they look great.
it seems that every accord in ireland runs a type r body kit and 19 inch amg 447 reps :wub:
where do you guys all get them from? wobble bolts as 5 x 112?
good luck with the car, use the search and you wont go far wrong buddy

I'd stick to OEM wheels really mate.. wobble bolts can be a real nightmare. If something isn't designed to fit and is critical to safety i.e. rims - then just leave it be for the purpose it was intended.

Sorry guys, still have no idea what wobble bolts are???

Im imagining they are to ***ist rims that dont fit perfect. Anyways I bough the car and its sweet. Still getting used to it. Was lowered and I put it back on normal springs. Very firm ride. Was gonna stick the original 16" wheels on too but not too sure. The 19" AMGs were on it when bought but dont know if they fit as they should. Guys sorting the suspension never mentioned anything. Not sure if its me but car feels heavy on the 19" wheels and still a bit firm. Only getting around 46mpg mixed. My previous mondeo was getting 48 and it was coming up on 130k and was a flying machine (thenagain it had been remapped). So been speaking with F6had about the possibility of a remap for this. Would love to have that pull from lower down the rev range.

What yous reckon about the 19s - stickk the stock 16's on and sell the amg's on and buy a remap???? reckon even the 16's would improve economy. probably losing 2-3mpg on those.

17" would be the perfect compromise bud...

Yes, stock suspension, 17' Honda rims for the look and slightly better handling (225 tyres as opposed to 205) and then a Stage 1 remap B)