What's new

new to honda,s

E M Wynne

Members
Reaction score
Car
2001accord 1.8is
Hi Guys,
I,m new to this forum...being a Renault Alpine man...but I,ve just been GIVEN a 2001, 1.8IS...now the car lay for about 3 years...but started 1st. time with a jump start...alarm going crazy..more buy luck than judgement I removed the large 40amp. fuses...no more alarm...car runs fine... but if I replace the fuse that controls the radio, cig. lighter & dash lights, alarm starts..now I have a key but it has no transponder for the Honda alarm...is this the problem & can I get a new one from Honda using the vin.no.
secondly...the auto box jumps something fierce on up-changes & causes the engine revs. to rise when cold...everything returns to normal when hot...oil level OK.
anyone any suggestions.
Cheers Mutly.

Welcome to TA.

Have a look in the 6th gen section for auto problems...you might need a new box though.

Welcome along mate

Not too sure about the alarm problems mate, but your box has has it. Need a new one, (a lot of money from Honda), or try a scrap yard.

Hi Guys,
I,m new to this forum...being a Renault Alpine man...but I,ve just been GIVEN a 2001, 1.8IS...now the car lay for about 3 years...but started 1st. time with a jump start...alarm going crazy..more buy luck than judgement I removed the large 40amp. fuses...no more alarm...car runs fine... but if I replace the fuse that controls the radio, cig. lighter & dash lights, alarm starts..now I have a key but it has no transponder for the Honda alarm...is this the problem & can I get a new one from Honda using the vin.no.
secondly...the auto box jumps something fierce on up-changes & causes the engine revs. to rise when cold...everything returns to normal when hot...oil level OK.
anyone any suggestions.
Cheers Mutly.

hi and welcome the TA :D

fast tip for alarm disarm/ pull up the drivers window controls and bridge the dark blue wire pin 5 on the blue 20way connector at the end of controls with any negitive i.e. (metal of the car or a thick black wire)

this will disable the alarm.

hi and welcome the TA :D

fast tip for alarm disarm/ pull up the drivers window controls and bridge the dark blue wire pin 5 on the blue 20way connector at the end of controls with any negitive i.e. (metal of the car or a thick black wire)

this will disable the alarm.

Thanks Tin Man...I,ll give that a go & see what happens...by the way I,m origonally from Broxburn, West Lothian...but retired now & stayed on in Holland ...I will go back home one day...maybe see you for a beer.
Cheers Eddie.

Thanks Tin Man...I,ll give that a go & see what happens...by the way I,m origonally from Broxburn, West Lothian...but retired now & stayed on in Holland ...I will go back home one day...maybe see you for a beer.
Cheers Eddie.
Tin Man, Do I have to remove the door card to get acess to the m20 pin connecter.
Cheers Eddie.

Tin Man, Do I have to remove the door card to get acess to the m20 pin connecter.
Cheers Eddie.

no just put a flat head screw driver in the end marked red and pull up marked blue the connector will be at the yellow arrow.

image hosting
hope this helps.

this will dis-arm the alarm, if it doesnt then i would be thinking you have a fault with the k-line wire or the MFU.

double check this is the wire your grounding, i used a test lamp and had it clipped to the metal on the door catch ie Grounded/earthed.

if this still fails then i woud try sending the signal direct to the MFU by removing the glove box and in on the right is the RF reciver unit, small black box with a green lable and a wire connector entering from the bottom. By sending a neg signal down the black/pink wire to unlock the car and disarm the alarm.

Plz let me no how you get on :)

Good work Gordon. I think this deserves a rep point for sure

this will dis-arm the alarm, if it doesnt then i would be thinking you have a fault with the k-line wire or the MFU.

double check this is the wire your grounding, i used a test lamp and had it clipped to the metal on the door catch ie Grounded/earthed.

if this still fails then i woud try sending the signal direct to the MFU by removing the glove box and in on the right is the RF reciver unit, small black box with a green lable and a wire connector entering from the bottom. By sending a neg signal down the black/pink wire to unlock the car and disarm the alarm.

Plz let me no how you get on :)

Tin Man,
Thats the wire I shorted out...but when I done it, I disconnected the plug from the arm-rest & I didn,t have the IGN. on...just back fron Christmas shoppong in the UK...so I,ll try again next week & let you know what happens.
Cheers Eddie.

Tin Man,
Thats the wire I shorted out...but when I done it, I disconnected the plug from the arm-rest & I didn,t have the IGN. on...just back fron Christmas shoppong in the UK...so I,ll try again next week & let you know what happens.
Cheers Eddie.

needs to be pluged in Mate :) the dark blue wire runs from the key hole in the drivers door. it enters the window switch control unit and is then changed into code and travels down K-line the the passanges fuse box and this disarms the alarm :D

Tin-man,
Do I earth the blue wire with ign. on or of...as you say the blue comes from the door lock so it must be live at all time.
Cheers Eddie.

Tin-man,
Do I earth the blue wire with ign. on or of...as you say the blue comes from the door lock so it must be live at all time.
Cheers Eddie.

you dont need the ign on.
just to check when you open the door does the alarm sound and hazerds flash ?

been going back over all the posts, does the cars central locking work when the key is used in the drivers door?

Tin-man,
No, I only have the problem of the alarm going off, when I install fuse 52...the 40 amp. that controls my dash lights, radio & cig. lighter...I need to get it fixed as I now need an MOT. & it will fail on no dash lights in the dark....other than the same prob. as everyone else with a faulty 1st, gear jumping...the car runs like a dream.
Cheers Eddie.

Tin-man,
No, I only have the problem of the alarm going off, when I install fuse 52...the 40 amp. that controls my dash lights, radio & cig. lighter...I need to get it fixed as I now need an MOT. & it will fail on no dash lights in the dark....other than the same prob. as everyone else with a faulty 1st, gear jumping...the car runs like a dream.
Cheers Eddie.

does the cental locking work when the key is used in the drivers door?

Tin-man,
It worked...removed the feed to the alarm horn...ran a cable from the battery neg. to the door switch, installed fuse 52...alarm flashers went on ...touched the blue wire on the door switch... flashers stopped...everything now works...dash lights, radio, cig. lighter, intierior lights & the central locking...do you know off the top of your head why the alarm would go off all the time.
Thanks for your help Eddie.