What's new

New tyres and tracking done

TheJamMod

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Fitted four new EAGLE F1 Asymmetric 2 - 225/45 R17 91Y and got the four wheel tracking done. The tracking was way out! The fronts were wearing inside, the rears were wearing outside. They only had a few months to go so I decided to change them all. Tyre noise is much less, the sessanta's were quite noisy being so worn. Of course the grip is phenomenal. :) Handling is much improved now that tracking is done.

Not sure how good these tyres will be in the winter, though. Sessantas got me through the winter, although it was scary on the ice!

I ***ume it was done on a Hunter? Do you know which set up they used when they did yours? I understand Honda recommend two different settings for the 7th gen (one minimises tramlining, I believe).

When I got my tracking done there was a setup for non-tramlining which had quite large allowances and then there were settings for when you are suffering tramlining (basically if you've got 17" wheels I guess lol) and the tolerances were pretty small for this (0.25 if I remember). I went with the latter and my steering is very well planted now :)

Cheers... so same settings, but a tighter tolerance is applied to the settings then - makes sense, I guess. I would ***ume that the Hunter system would be used with tight tolerances anyway.

I've had those tyres before, yes they are fantastic but the wear rate was awful on the fronts, only lasted a few months. let us know how you get on, hope they last longer than mine did!