What's new

New tyres

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Well front tyres now require changing so I just wanted to see if type accord get any discounts with a dealer or anywhere else for them?

Back ones are fine but are budget ones I want better than budget ones on the front because of the fwd etc.

Anyone with any advice please express :) thanks

Oh and anyone with advice on decent tyres? Good in all seasons. So value for money :) any good deals? Anything at all :)

Yeah I'm with the same logic until I realise I've spent £2000+ in the last month on the car.
Just want something for say £150-£160 for the pair for the next year or so! I'm sure you can get decent tyres for £160 for the pair? No?

I have ZE912's on mine and they are fine mate, a decent tyre.

I'm not very good at finding tyres unless its because its late. Can you point me in the right direction to buying? :) appreciate it
You also mention that you have budget tyres on the back and don't want budget tyres on the front, but you "want something for say £150-£160 for the pair". Sadly that price is budget.

As a rough guide to prices, look at the kwik-fit web-site.
You'll have to get the numbers and letters from your present tyres and enter them in here http://www.kwik-fit.com/ice-age-home.asp
They do a whole range from £75 up to £175 per tyre

Cheers mate. Like I also said I don't usually skimp on tyres but I'm only a student and I've spend about £2000 in November so just cutting down abit right now. Fuel costs of £450-£500 a month isn't easy either. Nor the £3800 for insurance, but I'm sure I will get over it and get it sorted :)! Not one to keep on worrying.

I'm running falkens on mine and are a very good tyre indeed.
But them from camskill there the cheapest around.
With next day delivery then find a fitter and they should charge £10 a corner.

almost 4k for insurance

wtf..

500quid on fuel a month, do you drive from lands end to john o groats..?!

I'm not very good at finding tyres unless its because its late. Can you point me in the right direction to buying? :) appreciate it

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php - they also list the Grip. dB levels and Fuel efficiency ratings (A-G - A is best)

Falken's are a decent tyre, and not to expensive. Other Budget tyres that are also not to bad are Nexen and Event. If you drive like a Bike courier oin coke, then I'd say get Michelins, but if you drive steady amd dont hurl the car around, then a decent Budget tye like Falken 912's, Nexen, Event, Kumho will be fine. Just make sure you get the right load rating (92 or 94 I think) .

Falken, nexen or kumho are all very good tyres and excellent value.

Hear good reviews on falkens a lot and I have run nexen and currently use kumhos and rate them very highly. A better tyre than the Pirelli rossos that I had previously that cost twice as much.

almost 4k for insurance

wtf..

500quid on fuel a month, do you drive from lands end to john o groats..?!
Yeah mate being a teen with 3 points living in London doesn't help car insurance. Got the car new as a first car and payed......wait for it........£700 a month for insurance for the first year! Was 17 at the time and had just passed my test for a couple of hours!

Regarding fuel I currently go to uni which is a 100 mile round trip give or take and I have to make that journey 3/4 times a week plus anytime I want to go out places or just for a little blast. Averaging 25mpg and the fuel costs are stupidly high!

Thanks to everyone with advice, I have gone for the falken ze914 the new ones to the 912 and will be getting those along with my new bremtech discs and ferodo ds2500 pads (custom fit for cl7) fitted next week! Good times ahead :)

£700 a month on insurance. Could pay a mortgage for that and get a house.

That was just my first years insurance it's a lot cheaper now. And on that subject I already own a house so that's not an issue. But I do agree its a lot of money for insurance! Paid in excess of £15k in 3 years just on insurance. Bunch on scamming thiefs if you ask me

So just because I'm young and can afford to have a few things, that's wrong? Stereotypical much?

Yeah, at that rate you gonna be rubbing shoulders with tha Sugars & the Bransons of this world straight out of uni;) Glad you got sorted in the end.

So just because I'm young and can afford to have a few things, that's wrong? Stereotypical much?

No but you have gone out of your way to tell us all how much money you have - thats not cool mate.

No but you have gone out of your way to tell us all how much money you have - thats not cool mate.
Sorry if it came across like that but I was not intending that. Got asked why I spend so much so I explained. Didn't want to come across like that so apologies for that.

keep your hair on and lighten up mate ... where was any of that implied ?
Sorry mate had 4 hours sleep in 3 days got so many ***ignments due! As you can tell by the time of my post, was just really tired! Didn't mean to have a go

Yeah, at that rate you gonna be rubbing shoulders with tha Sugars & the Bransons of this world straight out of uni;) Glad you got sorted in the end.
Well that is the hope :) yeah it's been a nightmare couple months but I think happy times to come! 2012 has just passed by so quickly! Hoping for good things to come in 2013 for everyone mate

Sorry mate had 4 hours sleep in 3 days got so many ***ignments due! As you can tell by the time of my post, was just really tired! Didn't mean to have a go
I think everyone's been in similar situation/mood at one time or another ;)
gold mine or not, you must be doing something right, wish I'd had the stamina at that age :lol:

I think everyone's been in similar situation/mood at one time or another ;)
gold mine or not, you must be doing something right, wish I'd had the stamina at that age :lol:
Yeah I apologise again mate I'm not usually like that! Just deprived of sleep!

Yeah hahaha I don't have the best stamina in the world either tbh! ;) lol

For decent tyre at a decent price from camskill I would go for either the Falken452 (£73) or the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (£95). Both are excellent value.