What's new

newbie from newbury

tasuc1

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.0i es
hi again guys and gals thanks for previous link not had a chance to look at it yet just started new job,anyway i digress,as isaid before i have a 96 2.0i es accord on cold start up revs race between 1000-2000 revs for about 1 or 2 min then settle down to normal 800ish any thoughts on what might be causeing this and any remedys,all help very welcome,thanks

Topic moved to the correct section

Sticky throttle?

what do you mean by racing.........on my old 2.0l it used to on a cold start rev to about 1,200 revs for 2 mins then settle down to about 800 rpm but that is normal for a modern car, gone be the days of manual chokes. can you give us more infomation thanks :)

what do you mean by racing.........on my old 2.0l it used to on a cold start rev to about 1,200 revs for 2 mins then settle down to about 800 rpm but that is normal for a modern car, gone be the days of manual chokes. can you give us more infomation thanks :)
hi robert thanks for your reply,on start up as i said rev race between 1000-2000 rev seams like you are useing accelorator but my foot is nowhere near it

hi robert thanks for your reply,on start up as i said rev race between 1000-2000 rev seams like you are useing accelorator but my foot is nowhere near it

My Civic used to this and it was a faulty thermostat.... replaced the thermostat and cold start used to be a constant 1200 rpm