What's new

newbie seeking guidance

azza

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi

Does anyone know how to replace the led strip in drivers door mirror on 04 saloon.

Thanx in advance

Azza

Welcome to TA Azza can you get a photo up because i cant think wear this led strip is ;)

He means indicators bud. I think they just unclip.

He means indicators bud. I think they just unclip.
I see by the way if the pre face lift is the same as facelift its not LEDS.
The indicators in the mirror is a bulb and its not easy to change.Im sure you need to take the mirror off and undo quite a few screws to get to it.
The reason i no this i tried to repair my broken wing mirror last year with no luck and ended up taken it all apart.
The electric fold in motor was gone but ended up getting a new one from Honda at a cost of £265 :eek:

quickest and cheapest way is this.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-ACCORD-2003-2008-DRIVER-SIDE-ELECTRIC-DOOR-MIRROR-/310312011084?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item484009854c
the strip alone cost's a bomb, and you stand a good chance of cracking the glass as well.

I see by the way if the pre face lift is the same as facelift its not LEDS.
The indicators in the mirror is a bulb and its not easy to change.Im sure you need to take the mirror off and undo quite a few screws to get to it.
The reason i no this i tried to repair my broken wing mirror last year with no luck and ended up taken it all apart.
The electric fold in motor was gone but ended up getting a new one from Honda at a cost of £265 :eek:

Hi

Thank you for your replies, it is a strip of 3 - 4 led's which go inside the door mirror.

Looking at the way it is constructed it looks like it was the first part to be fitted in to the mirror housing, therefore must be las to come out.

Just need to find a way into the mirror housing ????????? http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/public/style_extra/post_icons/icon7.gif

Anyone know how?http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/public/style_extra/post_icons/icon14.gif

Thank you for your help in advance

Azza

quickest and cheapest way is this.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-ACCORD-2003-2008-DRIVER-SIDE-ELECTRIC-DOOR-MIRROR-/310312011084?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item484009854c
the strip alone cost's a bomb, and you stand a good chance of cracking the glass as well.

Hi

Thanx for the link, will check it out.

Azza

If its an LED strip then my bad ill check later.As for replacement in the handbook its says contact your dealer.
If your anywhere near HH give them a ring for a quote.

On a service cd I have it says to remove the mirror and housing from the vehicle, the prise the mirror from the holder "take care not to break" the undo the screws that hold the motor and then remove that then remove the strip, replace in reverse order, lots of fiddly things to get broken, if yours is a silver one I have one here but there is a bullet hole in the "light strip" The cost of the strip was £ 40 and the cost to have done was about £100 if memory serves me right. I found one on ebay right colour like new £30. So it became a no brainer.

you need to take the doorcard off and remove the whole mirror from the car. Then take it inside and slowly remove all the screws holding the mirror to the baseplate. The hardest part is unclipping the glass. But once you've got that off you need to unscrew and remove the motor and then the outer shroud. Once thats removed you just unclip the indicator plug harness and plug the new one in. This procedure is well documented in the tsx service manual. Ive did it plenty times last year getting my folding mirrors to work

On a service cd I have it says to remove the mirror and housing from the vehicle, the prise the mirror from the holder "take care not to break" the undo the screws that hold the motor and then remove that then remove the strip, replace in reverse order, lots of fiddly things to get broken, if yours is a silver one I have one here but there is a bullet hole in the "light strip" The cost of the strip was £ 40 and the cost to have done was about £100 if memory serves me right. I found one on ebay right colour like new £30. So it became a no brainer.
Hi

Thanx for the info, any diagrams?

Azza