What's new

Newbie worries

dukkeraccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord 2006
Hello All, just bought a petrol 2006 ( revised model) 2.0 Petrol EX with sat nav, I have always been a Honda guy, bought my wife, the Jazz and I used to always have a civic ( have to sell my 2005 Civic now as surplus to needs) just cause Honda's have been great cars for me.

The thing that caused me some concern about the Accord is the VSA issue, as it can apparently cost £1600 plus to put right! anyway much to my surprise, I do not have a VSA light on my dashboard and there is no on/off VSA switch so can I ***ume my car does not have the VSA, surprising because I would have thought this was standard on a 2006 EX model?

any replies to set my mind at ease would be helpful

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Do you know if my car has the VSA or not, looks like Not but a confirmation would help

As a far as I was aware with the facelift, the Type S was the only model that doesn't have VSA? Certainly my 2.0 Type S doesn't.
You can put your chassis number into the Lings Honda website and that should pull up your specs.

the Lings Honda Website gives gives the details below when I put in the VIN, this is not helpful as one does not say VSA but the other does????

Model

Year

Doors

ACCORD

Transmission

Grade

5MT

2.0 EXECUTIVE

Specification

SIDE CURTAIN SRS, AUTO CRUISE, AIR CONDITIONER (AUTO), NAVIGATION, RIGHT-HAND DRIVE, SUNROOF,

View Details

Model

Year

Doors

ACCORD

Transmission

Grade

5MT

2.0 EXECUTIVE

Specification

SIDE CURTAIN SRS, AUTO CRUISE, AIR CONDITIONER (AUTO), NAVIGATION, RIGHT-HAND DRIVE, SUNROOF, VEHICLE STABILITY ***IST,

View Details

I had a look at those links and you're right, the L38 is the same in both, but the 2nd one adds VSA onto ABS (part number is different too).

I would think that, since you don;t have the on/off switch or the light, you don't have VSA.

Thanks for that, rang the dealer, but he did not seem bothered about looking into it and said that if there is no VSA switch most likely no VSA on my car which seems to be what I am left with, likely but not conclusive, annoying and irritating!
I suppose then if someone unscrupulous wanted to sell a car with a VSA problem, then, get rid of the VSA bulb on the dashboard, and take out the switch and put a blank cover on it and one one will be the wiser, including the MOT guy

The more likely explanation is you don't have VSA. As I say it's not an issue with the petrol Accord anyway.