What's new

no full throttle? :-(

BIGD77

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9 TYPE S
Ok, so after being out in another standard type s, I felt mine was holding back a little, so plugged into the obd socket and went for a "spirited" drive so to speak. While looking through the many live readings, I happened to notice that while the pedal was " floored" it was only reading 79% throttle?! Has anyone else had throttle pedal sensor/ throttle position sensor problems similair to this? And if so, was it the pedal sensor or the sensor at the throttle body?
Cant wait to resolve said problem and see how she goes with full throttle available.
Thanks in advance for any tips or help given
D

Ok, so after being out in another standard type s, I felt mine was holding back a little, so plugged into the obd socket and went for a "spirited" drive so to speak. While looking through the many live readings, I happened to notice that while the pedal was " floored" it was only reading 79% throttle?! Has anyone else had throttle pedal sensor/ throttle position sensor problems similair to this? And if so, was it the pedal sensor or the sensor at the throttle body?
Cant wait to resolve said problem and see how she goes with full throttle available.
Thanks in advance for any tips or help given
D

Not sure of the readings you go, but the Accord 2.4 is drive-by-wire, so is the 79% the reading of the TPS or the actual processed value (i.e. what the ECU deems necessary to deliver "full thorttle")? Could it just be the cable needs adjustment? Any faults reported by the OBD device?

Interesting.... I'll have a go on mine and see what it comes up with. I think mine shows throttle % too on one of the displays. Cannae do it today though as i brought the misses civic to work today. Need to go shopping later and park in a multistory car park, but with my diffuser its dead NO NO, lol! I thought powdercoat wasnt meant to chip? The ferry disembarking earlier this year to Belfast certainly saw to that! :angry: So i no longer take my accord anywhere with mad inclines :(

What's a diffuser?

A bit of fibre glass sitting on the tarmac in a car park somewhere in Scotland :lol:

Nah mine is made from aluminium, but its that low its taken a beating and the powder coat paint has actually chipped off! :( Said Diffuser:

diffuser.jpg

Ah - the lower chin spoiler i take it - My missus lost a few of those on me!

:)

Oh - mid post! Now I know what it is - thanks