What's new

Noise from rear right speaker

n1ks0n

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CDTI
I am a new accord 2.2 i-CDTI 2005 owner and i am very satissfied with it. It is a great car, but recently the rear right speaker is constantly making a number of different buzzing-like noises in a pattern. It is there when i turn the ignition key to start the radio/cd, but not the engine (Yesterday was the only case it didn't come this way. I'm starting to think it's fuel pump elated, but as i know the fuel pump pressurizes and stops later unlike the noise today). When i manually turn off the stereo from vol button it stops. Always when i run the engine the noise becomes a bit louder and is amplfied with rpm to 2k and over 2k seems the same. I do not have any aftermarket stereos just the stock one with the navi. There is a phone kit (not sure how you call it) installed but haven't had any poblem from august till december. I've changed the battey with a new one but nothing different. I haven't found any threads about my prroblem. It's a bit weird only from one speaker... Any ideas? Thank you in advance! :)
P.S. Sorry for the bad English. I hope you understand :D .

Welcome to TA Nicola it sounds like it might just be a blown speaker or a bad connection.
Try swapping the faulty speaker with the other one and reconnect as this will determine if its at fault or a wiring issue.
Also does this buzzing happen when the rear window demister is switched on as this can cause interference with the radio.

Its a bad ground somewhere.

Remove the radio and check its grounded properly and if its an EX check the amp is grounded.

Welcome to the club Nicola... your English is very good!

I think that the two previous answers will account for your problem. It is not your fuel pump as that is mechanical, so won't cause any radio interference... the 'lift' pump is co-located with the high pressure pump and shares the same drive and housing.

Thank you, Guys for your answers. I've checked the rear windows demister (as i know the button is marked as a rectangular with curved arrows through it) but didn't make any difference, tried the door lock, window opening, heated seats and these didn't make any difference either. But what i've found is that when the door closing switch for the illumination in the car is pressed the buzzing changes its tone for a while. It's not the lamp itself as i tested it apart. It's just the switch that makes difference. I start to think it's the grounding, but as i know from previous cars owned the door pannels are difficult and tricky to dismount, but as soon as i find time i'm going to start inspecting. Do you suggest to start with the radio grounding or with the speaker first? How is it possible this problem to occur when no changes are done to the stereo and everything was fine before?

Today being mad of the noise I just decided to chop off the head unit and found out where the problem came from. It was the nokia phone kit. It was probbably connected by an idiot. The main unit was left on the blowers with a big bunch of cables on it. The unit itself was connected to the stereo with some hand made connections and a lot of duct tape. The ground of the radio was partialy peeled and there was attached the phone kit ground. Removed this *****, put some duct tape and everything's OK now. I was sure that this nice car with stock hardware couldn't do this. Thank you for your help. Cheers from Bulgaria!

Glad your sorted Nicola and was an easy fix.The Nokia phone kit was probably added as a mod and not done correct in the 1st place.