What's new

Noisy Brakes - recently changed

J_VTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Hi all.

I've got this problem with my brakes and it's driving me nuts!!

Just put a new set of pads on the front and the drivers side is making a horrendous noise when braking gently. Sounds like a fog horn or a bus pulling up!! Step on the brakes heavily and it doesn't do it.

There's a rusty "smear" around the disc on the surface. I can only ***ume it's this that's causing the problem as it wasn't there before I changed the pads.

I've stripped the brakes down again and can't find anything!!

Does anybody have any ideas??

Cheers

WWhat kind of pads did you fit mate?

Cause some new pads, red-stuff for example, make a bit of a noise at low speeds for the first week or so and it's completely normal.

I got them from a local spares place that I've used for years with no problems. Just wondering if they need to bed in, just ****** noisy!!

Like I said it only does it under gentle braking but resonates like hell!!

Doing my head in!!

Don't know what's causing the rusty "smear"on my disc though, can't clean it off!!

Copper grease on the disk?

Not what I can see. Only seems to do it when the brakes are hot too.

I'll either have to have another look or just live with it until they bed in.

Did you clean the carriers etc before fitting and also do the pads more freely when fitted in the carrier?
Did you put copper grease on all the relevant places?

Yeah, everything done by the book. Pads seem free enough in the carrier before refitting the calliper.

in that case then just allow them to bed in but do keep an eye on them. Also check for uneven wear etc on the pads.

Cheers mate, will do. It actually seems to be easing off now but still there.

Fingers crossed!!