What's new

Ny-lock nuts at the top of shock absorbers.

TIPEX9

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
vtec-s
Hi, my friend is fitting my apex lowering springs as we speak and the 2 rears are all ready on. However he doesnt really want to put the original nuts back on the rears as the nylon has worn on the nylocs as he says theyve been off before. ( the nuts im talking about are the ones at the very top of the shock inside the car)

Im cool with this, safety 1st and all that but ive just been trying to find replacements in stores that sell that type of thing and no one stocks the size??? How important is it that i put brand new nuts on at the mo? could i drive the car with the old nuts on in the mean time until i source some or order some from honda.

Any advice would be great, thanks guys.

You should use new ones if the collar is damaged as it loses its compressive ability and may not lock down but you can use some thread lock and then replace as soon a you get new ones,just imo.

what size, honda should stock these.

You should use new ones if the collar is damaged as it loses its compressive ability and may not lock down but you can use some thread lock and then replace as soon a you get new ones,just imo.

what size, honda should stock these.

I think their 14mm havent got one infont of me at mo but rang my local honda and they dont stock them??? Which i thought was a bit odd as they would carry out work involving those parts all the time :unsure:

Good info, honda do overnight if not in stock so you could of had these by the time you read this lol.

Dude it won't be a problem if you fit the old nuts back on, as long as you ge them changed ASAP, and don't thrash the car in between. Even if the bushings are shot, if they are obly there for 2 weeks with NO thrashing of the car inbetween it won't be a problem.

As has already been suggested, you shold get them changed as soon as you can/they are in stock mate.

Cheers guys, got some now. Car should be all nice and dropped on the Apex's by the morning! Thanks

Looking forward to some pics dude! B)