What's new

obd 2?

Timberfake

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord v-tec s
Just wondered if the gen 6 has a obd 2 or was it before its time?? Also if so were is it located??

Some of them have it, others don't.

Mine doesn't have, if it had, it would be there, where the carpet is removed:

As Pedro has said, some have it and some don't. I am unsire why, as i thought that all cars after 99 were fitted with an OBD2 port in the cabin. On the opposite side to the driver next to the centre console.

Gutted doesn't look like I have it at a glance. How do they connect to a computer i was gonna give the torque app ago guess not now..

There is a 3 pin connector under the glove compartment. I guess Honda can use that.

I searched ways for converting that into OBD with no success. I even bought a adaptor, made some changes to it, but no luck :(

There is also a 2 pin connector under the glove compartment, if you short the two pins with a paper clip, and you have any malfunction, they will made flash the MIL flash a couple of times, indicating the error code.

My 99'V 1.8 just has the two pin plug under the glovebox, which suggests OBD1. I think it's pot luck really, maybe to do with year or engine size as to which ones have the proper 16pin OBD2 connector.

My 2002 f18b2 has one....

IMG_0316r.jpg

its pretty useful with the Bluetooth ODBII and Android Torque as you can record some info on the fly... I used it once to record my coolant temp and this example of the RPM...notice how it leads an easy life ;)

revs.jpg

^^^Can you get this sort of app for the iPhone Andy?

I don't think you can get the specifc app Simon, here is the link...torque app

This might be a similar app for Iphone but not sure if the features are the same http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dashcommand-obd-ii-gauge-dashboards/id321293183?mt=8...but shocked at the price to be honest £35, the android app is only £3 full version, and the free one 'lite' even reads odbii codes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torquefree&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5wcm93bC50b3JxdWVmcmVlIl0.

Bu99er :lol: :lol:

Even though i'd like something like this on my phone so i could plug it inot the car and then see the graphs being produced, i'm not about to pay £35 for it. Think i'd stretch to about a fiver :lol: And more than that and i will run out of money for petrol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bu99er :lol: :lol:

Even though i'd like something like this on my phone so i could plug it inot the car and then see the graphs being produced, i'm not about to pay £35 for it. Think i'd stretch to about a fiver :lol: And more than that and i will run out of money for petrol :lol: :lol: :lol:

You then have to add on the price for the odb bluetooth/usb adaptor which look like they are around £100-150

Actually that what the software website was saying, they are cheap as chips on ebay

I bought one of these cheap obd2 bluetooth scanners, and they work great with Torque in Android, although not in my car, since I don't have an OBD port B)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-Torque-Car-ELM-327-OBD2-OBDII-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Interface-CAN-BUS-/110761891151?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item19c9ec554f#ht_6593wt_1041

Got my adaptor from Amazon.

Popped the obd2 port out of it's bracket so I can leave the adaptor in place behind the carpet. I got sick and tired of passengers knocking it.

You then have to add on the price for the odb bluetooth/usb adaptor which look like they are around £100-150

Actually that what the software website was saying, they are cheap as chips on ebay

Aye I got mine for about £12 from an Amazon third party

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CAN-BUS-Diagnostic-Scanner-Bluetooth-Peugeot/dp/B005Q68E0G/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

Just had a look and mine has the obd2 port, 2002 1.8 sport, so purchased a Bluetooth unit from eBay for £12 and I'll give it a bash. Just the kind of nerdy thing I like, also does anyone know if the Honda will display bhp and torque, like some of the example screenshots I've seen for the torque app? How would it do this, can the abs sensors read torque orsomething?

I think the torque and bhp is calculated in the application, so it's not very reliable numbers...

I'm using similar obd tool too. and the same android app :)
Is here anybody with f20b6 auto gearbox who could share their O2 sensor(LTFT, STFT)/map/rpm log? I would like to compare with mine's. :)

Don't trust BHP or MPG calculations bud - it takes vehicle weight, acceleration and fuel consumption - posher programs like Proscan want to know the drag coefficient - which I keep finding out and forgetting :lol:

I have a Bluetooth reader in both the Tranny and the Accord now full time. Coupled with the Torque app it is good fun :D

Is there a site somewhere where you can find out the drag cof of your car?

I had a quick google, but couldn't find one.

I've just plugged in my sender unit, so I'll see what things it will throw up on the drive to work tomorrow.

Well gave it a bash today, the things it will read are:

Fuel efficiency MPG/LPKM
Coolant temp
RPM
Air Intake temp
OBD voltage
O2 voltages
Vacuum/boost pressure
Speed
Distance travelled
Fuel flow rate (gallons/litres per minute/hour)
Throttle position
Various 0-XX mph times
1/4 1/8 1 mile times
Engine load

One interesting thing I found was that according to the readings, with my foot to the floor, it was only registering around 93% throttle and around 10% at idle, not sure what to make of that.

Fuel efficiency MPG/LPKM - not available for 6gen accords.
Coolant temp
RPM
Air Intake temp
OBD voltage - useless as it is not real charging voltage(interesting why?)
O2 voltages - fuel trim monitoring is much more useful, as primary sensor almost always shows ~0.8V, for f20b6 a tleast
Vacuum/boost pressure
Speed
Distance travelled - not available for 6gen accords.
Fuel flow rate (gallons/litres per minute/hour) - not available for 6gen accords.
Throttle position
Various 0-XX mph times
1/4 1/8 1 mile times
Engine load

:)

can anybody write what long term fuel trim(LTFT1) they have for primary sensor for auto f20b6 with auto gearbox? or at least write their MPG (L/100km).