What's new

OBD code P0011

peteh

Reaction score
Car
2005 accord exec 2.4
My 2005 2.5 exec recently had a bad case of overheating, auxiliary belt went when I was on the way to a job interview so I took the chance. Anyway £1,400 and a fettled head later I've got the engine light showing, when I hook up the OBD scanner it shows P0011 which I believe for Honda is "Variable Control Timing System Malfunction".

The engine feels fine all the time, A & B roads don't generally trigger the fault (I can use the OBD scanner to reset the light), it only seems to be triggered on the motoway and it causes the VSA warning light to trigger and the cruise control to de-activate, I guess due to an undetectable, by me, power fluctuation. Even when the fault has triggered the engine runs fine. Interestingly since the head problem was fixed fuel consumption has improved, only by about 20 miles / tank but it's there.

Does anyone have any practical experience of fixing this OBD code.

Thanks.
Pete.

welcome mate sorry but i can't see what car you have petrol or diesel

:lol:

On your mobile again eh? He's got a 2.4.

I'm no expert but if the cam angle is out by x amount of degrees/time then the MIL light is triggered. you need to check your oil pressure first.. As the heads been worked on it may be a cause of that. I would take it back to them, or get a proper diagnostic done, a member called CJ on this forum has the proper Honda Diagnostic scan tools that you can contact.