What's new

OEM Aux port

Kal

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Exec 2004
Anybody managed to get an aftermarket radio working of the AUX port on the Premium sound system?

Can you be more specific? Xcarlink and my ICE system work off the AUX button and they accept a 3.5mm jack connector (well mine dies at least). You should be able to get summutt to work that way.

I'd like to install a double din HU in my non-satnav EX, using honda part 08B06-SEA-500 (replaces unit under the existing radio)

but don't wanna cut into the existing oem wiring (if possible) and be able to switch between oem and aftermarket HU using the Aux button.

Is there a cable available to do this?

Sounds similar to Suf's (UKaccord) project... might be worth dropping him a line and watching his project.

LOL your right Dan buddy, it is very similar to my project, i also have contemplated the option of switching between the after-market stereo and the oem unit, this was until l found a unit which supports the steering wheel buttons function, although i will not attempt this myself and splice any wires, going toi take it to a pro,so i know its done good and proper(as i im not too confident in doing this myself)just waiting for arrival of the double din facia buddy....so keep an eye out as i will do a progress report.

Hope you find a good installer soon bud - the guys local to me could barely tie their own shoe laces - there was no way I was gonna let them fumble around the insides of my motor ;).

it is hard to find some competent enough bud, just gotta keep looking.

Hi, Try nexxia.co.uk. Ive just bought an interface of them I will fit it on arrival and post my findings.
Anybody managed to get an aftermarket radio working of the AUX port on the Premium sound system?