What's new

OEM HID D2S BULBS

Robaloy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 8th
Anybody out there know what the OEM HID D2S Bulbs that are fitted in 2009 Accord Tourer low beams, the reason I ask is that Honda want £98 per bulb and I feel that is a bit steep so I want to purchase myself and get them to fit for me?!

Rob

Rob the job of replacing the bulbs are the problem and the easiest way to do it take of the bumper and lights out.

Hi Rob,

Have you definatley got hid xenons? From the pic your car looks like an ES GT model.

Those are just normal H1 bulbs with projector lenses.

Hi Rob,

Have you definatley got hid xenons? From the pic your car looks like an ES GT model.

Those are just normal H1 bulbs with projector lenses.
I have an EX-GT and I'm pretty sure it has HID Xenons fitted, I'm not 100% sure though but how can I tell without getting to the bulbs or even the covers, anyone ??? :unsure:

Switch them on. Do they take about 1-2 second to get up to brightness? If so, they're Xenons. Also, Xenons tend to have a very sharp top edge on the beam focus. As you look at whatever your headlamps are shining on you should see a very clear line at the top of the beam where the projection of the light stops.

Switch them on. Do they take about 1-2 second to get up to brightness? If so, they're Xenons. Also, Xenons tend to have a very sharp top edge on the beam focus. As you look at whatever your headlamps are shining on you should see a very clear line at the top of the beam where the projection of the light stops.

Thanks for that, pretty sure they are now as they do brighten or at least they did and there was a definite line where the beam stops, I have also found the full spec lists for all the models and mine is the EX GT which has HID as standard!

Hi, I have a 59 plate Tourer EX GT & thought that it also had HIDS fitted so today i rang my local Honda dealer for prices & he quoted £5.70 for H1 standard bulbs so Xenons are not fitted according to chassis number, must say they seem a lot better than my Gen 7 tourer.

I use this as a taxi on nights & was changing bulbs every few weeks on my old car but these have lasted 3 months so far again why i ***umed they must be Xenons as there known to last a lot longer as they should for the price Europarts quoted me £75 per bulb Wow !!!

EX GT definately does have HIDs as standard...... Depending on brands these are readily available for around £12 a pair

Am i right in thinking that if you have xenons you have to have a headlamp washer as standard too? Could be a good thing to look out for. My ex model was sold as having xenon type but have no washers but i only found this out too late.

shaun75 said:
If its not got a manual headlight adjuster on the dash then its xenons.
Dont think so. Xenons auto adjust, there is some kind of sensor that measures the car angle and adjusts them.

My ES GT has an adjuster switch on the dash and it has normal H1 headlight bulbs, they just have a projector lens, so they look a bit like Xenons, but they aren't.

hale-pope said:
Tsk - no xenons for me then. Upgrade of bulb required!
Be warned, its a pig of a job to change the low beam headlight bulbs. Handbook recommends access through the front wheel arch liners, but even then you need a torch, and its still a hard job. If you look at the lights the headlamp bulb is essentially up in the front wing, due to the design.

I've just fitted Phillips extreme vision H1 bulbs, they are a bit better, but I'm not convinced they are worth the money and the fiddle to fit them. I read also they dont last as long as the standard bulbs. My standard ones were Phillips anyway.

Many thanks and yes, I saw your other post on the Phillips bulbs, and the nightmare on changing bulbs in the first place. It would be interesting to see how long they last. My last car had xenons and I miss them already. My fault.

I replaced my H1 on the nearside,i found it a lot easier to remome the wheel but i am a little overweight lol,i peeled the inner liner right back from the bottom fastings you can also pull the bumper away slightly to help remove the airtake pipe so the hole unit drops down this gives you greater access but still its a blind job to swap the bulb.

I think i could do it next time in 30 minutes.

Just replaced the n/s bulb again standard £1.60 Lucas was fitted last time, that's about 200 hours of night work only lasted 5 weeks :angry:

O/s still in from when i purchased it last August that's about 1000 hours :)

I've ordered a pack of 2 Phillips long-life H1 from Europarts at £9.50 + VAT they do not stock but will get them for you.

Hope there the same as these on E bay £5.99 & free delivery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-H1-Lifetime-x4-Long-Life-Eco-Vision-Upgrade-Bulb-Headlamp-Spot-Lamps-/111250307174?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e708f866

Just done the O/S headlight H1 it lasted a long time over 6 months, its marked as Philips on the bulb so i take it there long life that were fitted before i bought the car i had to remove the headlight unit to get the bulb back in (hands too big) so its worse to do than the N/S, this freezing wind made it harder but best to remove the bumper from around the headlight area pull it away to get to the inner lower bolt there are 4 bolts in all.

Have fun its a silly job just to fit a bulb.

Tip if you have a manual adjuster on the right hand lower side of the dash then you have standard H1 fitted, as its not the best DIY job & you can drop/damage the new bulb its wise to fit expensive long life H1.
I was quoted £30 :unsure: to fit the o/s bulb as its labour intensive.

If you do not have a manual adjuster fitted then you have Xenons fitted as they are self adjusting.