What's new

OEM service parts - Honda dealers.

MrOkra

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2
Hi, it's that time of the year again. Major service time on my 2006 Accord CDTi

Is it okay to use non-OEM Air filter? Can pick'em up for 6 quid as opposed to the genuine one from Honda for 25.

When it comes to the fuel filter I buy from Honda as others on here seemed to have had problems with non-OEM ones, apparently.

Any Honda dealers doing these parts for less than 73 quid that can deliver? Cox quoted me 73 quid for both.

I decided to have the Bosch fuel filter installed.

No problems so far. The part does look identical to the OEM one.

honda don't make they're own filters, they are made by the same people that make them for bosh, mann ect, the only differences are the box they come in, and the price

Bosch one looks identical to the Denso one. The Mann looks different.

I have noticed the car lurches violently when it hits 60mph in third under harsh acceleration, like its hit a headwind, then carries on. Thought it might be the fuel filter...

Bosch one looks identical to the Denso one. The Mann looks different.

I have noticed the car lurches violently when it hits 60mph in third under harsh acceleration, like its hit a headwind, then carries on. Thought it might be the fuel filter...
unlikely mate, if would most flagged a fuel pressure fault if that was the case

Honda increased their prices by a large margin after covid so I now use Blueprint for everything including

Pollen
Air filter
Oil Filter

Excellent quality and half the price of Genuine filters.
Usually purchased through amazon

The only filter I use Genuine Honda for is the fuel filter. There are known issues if you use non genuine on the fuel filter.

If you do want genuine OEM, here are very good places to buy

Yeah, it's not the FF. I think I'm hitting the rev limiter. lol Been driving a petrol car a lot lately.

3rd on the 6sp box goes right up to above 70 before rev limiter for me, so sounds like something else at work. Not well informed on these but.... maybe sticking swirl flap ?
All that really comes to mind is that - I have a fuel presure issue and it's slighly more aggressive than that -doesn't throw a single code unless really hammering it !

honda don't make they're own filters, they are made by the same people that make them for bosh, mann ect, the only differences are the box they come in, and the price

The original Honda micronAir cabin filters are Corteco/Freudenberg micronAir filters which are insanely cheap in comparison to Honda prices.

European oil filters are made by Purflux. The Purflux LS350 has the same zig zag pleats (though slightly fewer pleats) and a flat gasket rather than o-ring style seal but otherwise the same construction it seems.