Oil brand

markotsg

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hello

i have Honda Accord 2005 2.0 Automatic I-Vtec petrol 113,000 miles
from this forum I can conclude that best oil for this car would be 5W-40 and 0W-30 for diesel engine/

What brand would you recommend 5w-40? Shell, Catrol, Valvoline, ***an, Penzoil?

thanks all

LUBE TECH on here look at the bottom of home page, good oil Exol, not a market leader but no problems with it. Also a discount

I think they are all much of a muchness TBH when it comes to brand, as long as the API and viscosity is suitable.

I'm currently still deciding what to go for in terms of oil grade, I think 5w40 will use more fuel so I'm looking at 5w30 or 0w30.

I really don't believe that anyone can honestly tell the difference between different makes! Meeting all the specs is the only important thing (more important than being fully synthetic, even). Buy the cheapest you can find.

I used Shell Helix Ultra (silver bottle) and have done for years on my Hondas.....for the price you can get a 5L bottle on ebay, I don't think you can go far wrong....

MattyB801 said:
I used Shell Helix Ultra (silver bottle) and have done for years on my Hondas.....for the price you can get a 5L bottle on ebay, I don't think you can go far wrong....
is this 5W-30 or 5W-40 one?