What's new

Oil Change - Exol

MarSim

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Estate
Hi, I recently joined the Forum and really impressed with the quality of posts and information.

I'm running Gen7 Accord Estate - CTDI Sport. Had it since 2010, it's only done 95K miles and has more than lived up to its name for reliability - brilliant practical car. This year I finally decided to get off my ar*e and service it myself. It's always had Mobil 1 engine oil, but reading an old post on this forum, dating back to 2010 I think, singing the praised for Exol I thought I'd look into it further - especially on the grounds of cost. For instance Lubetech sell Exol Optima FS 0w30 5 Ltrs for £31 - around 1/2 the price of the big brands!
(Seen here: https://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/prod...-b1-api-sl-cf/?attribute_pa_quantity=5-litres)

Is anyone here using Exol and if so are they happy with it?

Cheers

I’ve been using the appropriate Exol 0W-20 oil in my 8th gen 2.4 for the past two oil changes/1,300 miles. Not a proper long term test but so far everything’s been running smoothly. I bought a 20L tub using the discount code SAVE5 for about £80 delivered. I’ll get 4 oil changes out of that and a bit left over for any top ups. Really good value.

I’ve been using the appropriate Exol 0W-20 oil in my 8th gen 2.4 for the past two oil changes/1,300 miles. Not a proper long term test but so far everything’s been running smoothly. I bought a 20L tub using the discount code SAVE5 for about £80 delivered. I’ll get 4 oil changes out of that and a bit left over for any top ups. Really good value.
Thanks and will try it.

Used it for about 15 years!
No problems and saved a bundle.
Good recommendation if used for 15 years, and yes you'll have saved a small fortune....I can't believe some of the prices I've seen for oil.

I can confirm too.

Long member of the fourm and have been using the oil since 2012

Accord is now on 275,000 miles and still running sweet.

I cant buy the drum anymore as I dont have the space for it so have to look at alternatives
I use this oil now

We are lucky as our ICTDI engines are euro 4 diesel so they don't have the DPF filters which require the more expensive C2/C3 variant oil which is super expensive.
Alot of modern newer diesel cars require this oil

Just remember to change the oil very regularly on the ICTDI - this is because the ICTDI engine is a very sooty engine and the oil can get saturated with the contaminates very quickly.
Every 6 to 7k miles is recommended. Ignore the manufacturer service interval - I remember its every 12k I think

I can confirm too.

Long member of the fourm and have been using the oil since 2012

Accord is now on 275,000 miles and still running sweet.

I cant buy the drum anymore as I dont have the space for it so have to look at alternatives
I use this oil now

We are lucky as our ICTDI engines are euro 4 diesel so they don't have the DPF filters which require the more expensive C2/C3 variant oil which is super expensive.
Alot of modern newer diesel cars require this oil

Just remember to change the oil very regularly on the ICTDI - this is because the ICTDI engine is a very sooty engine and the oil can get saturated with the contaminates very quickly.
Every 6 to 7k miles is recommended. Ignore the manufacturer service interval - I remember its every 12k I think
This is the actual one you need for a Mk7 N22A

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/triple-qx-fully-syn-engine-oil-0w-30-5ltr-521776141

Needs to be ACEA A5/B5 spec as the one linked is ACEA C2.

I just bought some the other day and have used it for the last service.

Hi, I recently joined the Forum and really impressed with the quality of posts and information.

I'm running Gen7 Accord Estate - CTDI Sport. Had it since 2010, it's only done 95K miles and has more than lived up to its name for reliability - brilliant practical car. This year I finally decided to get off my ar*e and service it myself. It's always had Mobil 1 engine oil, but reading an old post on this forum, dating back to 2010 I think, singing the praised for Exol I thought I'd look into it further - especially on the grounds of cost. For instance Lubetech sell Exol Optima FS 0w30 5 Ltrs for £31 - around 1/2 the price of the big brands!
(Seen here: https://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/prod...-b1-api-sl-cf/?attribute_pa_quantity=5-litres)

Is anyone here using Exol and if so are they happy with it?

Cheers

Just to note, you may use A5/B5 for better fuel economy or A3/B4 oil for better engine protection, so long as it's 0W30 or 5W30, although 0W30 is preferred.
I personally use Ravenol. It's pricey, but seems worth it.

This popped up on my notifications so thought I’d update on the Exol 0W-20 I use. I’ve done 24,000 miles and 4 oil changes on the stuff and it’s been brilliant. The engine runs really well with great cold starts every time. I’ve just taken delivery of my second 20L tub.