What's new

Oil Pump Chain Renewal

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi
is there a better manual to describe the removal of the Oil Pan on a CN1 Accord other than the Honda Accord service manual on disc that I bought from someone of hear a couple o years ago.

It's been very useful for a number of jobs but seems a bit sparse when describing the removal of the oil pan.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Hi antdad
Sorry to sound a bit thick but what do you mean:

"See the workshop manual in my signature""

Hi antdad

Yes, it is the one I have on disc. Thanks anyway.

Have you replaced the oil chain?

If so, can you tell me, do I have to drop both nearside and offside bolts on the front that secure the sub-frame or just the off side?

I really don't know sorry, from what I can tell the manual recommends removing the engine and gearbox for that job

If that's not an option and you're trying to gain access from underneath I'm not sure how you can do it without supporting and lowering engine with a hoist or support beam then you can remove what subframe bolts you like.

Can anyone who had done the oil chain job, give me a definitive idea as to just how far I have to go with the sub- frame.

Do I just undo the one sub-frame bolt near the front right or both front or all of them.

Do I have to completely drop the sub-frame or what.

Thanks for any help.

Interesting (and I'm glad I have no noises coming from the chains on mine), removing the offside wheel and suspension is the way to go.

I saw the YEC (Yamaguchi Electric Co ) legend on the crankcase part way through the video - 3.50. Does anyone know the link when developing the i-CTDI engine since I thought they were accessories/running parts only. It looks as though they have dealt with the casting of major components for Honda.