What's new

Oil

impne

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer type s
Just wanted to confirm before I buy it that 0/30 fully synth gulf racing oil will be ok for 8th gen diesel

This is what I used from opie oils on my last one

Just make sure its low sap for your DPF.
If you look on the lube tech thread they explain the difference between oils for non DPF and oil for DPF.
There is a difference and it needs to be the correct grade of low sap or it will damage the DPF

Just been onto Opie that I always use and they recommended 0/30 castrol edge fst fully synth

Does that sound ok

Anyone else use this

As long as its compatible with the DPF.
Lee have you got a Honda manual as it will say in there

As long as its compatible with the DPF.
Lee have you got a Honda manual as it will say in there
That really is the key bit of advice... the Honda manual will be clear about exactly what engine oil specs need to be met. The general recommendation to use 'fully synthetic' is a bit redundant, so long as the specs in the manual are met then it wouldn't matter if the oil wasn't FS. However, I can't imagine that the specs could be met without going FS, particularly the cold viscosity rating.

Lee just checked on a castral site and this is the spec you need.

Castrol 0W-30 Edge Professional C3 DPF 1L Engine Oil Low SAPS HONDA MERCEDES - REPLACES Castrol SLX
It's not cheap and might be worth buying from lube tech for a 25l drum

Opie are stating fst is general public and professional is dealer only

They are exactly the same oil but branded with different name

Is this correct

Chap at Opie seemed very knowledgeable about it

Tbo Lee I'm not sure.
My only concern would be the low saps DPF thing.

How much is 6 litres from Honda, the petrol oil has never been that expensive when I've purchased from Honda, and from what I gather, even Honda UK has been recommending Castrol... :huh:

I've got my order on hold but castrol fst for 8l is £73 delivered.

What a chew in for oil lol

I've been having a right nightmare on my suspension front and thought ordering oil would be simple

I'll have to open a proper thread for what I'm doing to it as no info in UK and it is trusting the US info I'm getting regarding suspension option and other body part options

Lee have a look on the HH section they were doing oil and filters for a great price

Another vote for HH, they do package deals, filter and oil, give Gareth or Lee a call.

****** just received my filters and bits from them last week :)

I'll give them a buzz

They're already trying to order some TSX body panels from US for me

They'll hand up if I give my name lol

Ordered from HH :)

Also ordered / queried another part with them :)

I'll be getting black listed soon

Two sets of mats arrived from HH at weekend, can't say anymore about them other that top chaps

Hi my friends i just bought an accord 8th gen 2009 2.2 ex4 door, and im going to give him a service, i want to know excatly what type of oil is better for dpf and the timing chain,? And if the brand of oil makes difference? Or whic is the best? Many tks for your help.