What's new

OK another problem

travelbug

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer 2.2 CDTI EX
I have had my Accord Tourer 2007 reg (FSH) 88k on the clock for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday, when I was out enjoying my new car in the sun I noticed that the indicator stalks and the wiper stalks were not functioning properly.

When you move the indicator stalk up and down nothing happens but when you turn the switch to do the lights that works. On the wiper stalk it is the other way round, if you push the stalk up and down it works but if turn the switch for the rear wiper it doesn't.

The actual functions work, the hazards work fine and the lights work fine, the wipers work fine I think.

I have checked the fuses and a professional (non auto-electrician) has checked the fuses and they are fine. What on earth could be wrong?

Please bear in mind I am a bit of a car mechanical ignoramus.

Please help.

This is odd i haven't a tourer so nut sure about the rear wiper.But to me it sounds like a loose connection in the stalk.Maybe there is a plug come adrift.

I am becoming more and more convinced of two things:

1. I should take it into my nearest Honda dealer for a check up.

2. I have been sold a bad example.

Does seem an odd combination of faults. Have you checked all the plugs and connections (that you can get at least)?

James your problem sounds defo electrical and if I was you I would get in contact with a good auto electrician rather than your local dealer. Im wondering if past owners have spliced and diced wiring to fit some aftermarket car kit ect.... IME the problems present themselves when such kit is removed by previous owners as they are often fitted by professionals but removed by owners if that makes sense.

Anyway good luck.

I might take it into Hickleys in Taunton rather than a dealer. I cannot see where any after market would have gone, no drill holes to be seen.

I might take it into Hickleys in Taunton rather than a dealer. I cannot see where any after market would have gone, no drill holes to be seen.

The need for drilling holes is old school mate, most fitters use brackets which squeeze between the dash panel so it can be removed with no evidence it was ever fitted. My parrott is used plastic brackets like these.

I can't understand why it would work then not unless I have jarred the connection lose. Do you think I should try and get the fella who sold me the car to pay for it. It is a car supermarket in Hull, they did say they gave a 28 day warranty.

If you have a warranty then I would get straight onto them before they get any wriggle room.

I agree with Dan if you have a warranty use it for sure.

There are 11 days left and I emailed the salesman yesterday. I will call him in the morning. Lets see what the after sales service is like.

There are 11 days left and I emailed the salesman yesterday. I will call him in the morning. Lets see what the after sales service is like.
Dam right that's what a warranty if for and if he don't ring back take the car down there and get them to sort it.

Good oh! I am surprised you suffered this much without invoking the warranty... Make sure they acknowledge the reporting if the fault so that they try and wriggle out of it. Electrical faults like this aren't necessarily expensive to fix, but they can take a while to track down. I hope they offer you a courtesy car!

ah - I see your point.. :blush:

He said he would honour warranty in any VAT registered garage, but then he said the car was perfect and that the Pope wasn't catholic....