What's new

One question pls

rhyeung

Members
Reaction score
Car
SPORT TOURER
My missus's honda stream 04 had running fine since we purchased last year, and it got 83k on the clock, well, I've seem as part of the k series engine maintainance the valve clearance checking/adjustment need to curry out every 25000 miles, so I believe that the engine hasn't been doing this kind of things and I would like to treat her with a checking and adjusting if necessary. I have a honda generator and I've been doing similar valve clearance adjusting for it and as the result of searching how to adjust the k20 engine, and it's quite easy that I could do the adjustment. Also with the workshop manual to back up. But one question guys, I'm not really sure the adjustment in millimetre as I need know what millimetre that is need for Intake and exhaust valve
Here is the information I found from the workshop:

Intake: 0.18-0.22mm(0.007-0.009 in.)

Exhaust: 0.23-0.27mm(0.009-0.011 in.)

In my knowledge, I need a 0.20mm feeler gauge for intake valve and 0.25mm for the exhaust valve is that correct?

If you buy a feeler gauge it will most likely have one that fits into that range. If not you can use 2 feeler gauges on top of each other to get the required thickness. Most decent sets would have a 0.20 and a 0.25mm so yeah just go ahead and use them.

hornyhonda said:
If you buy a feeler gauge it will most likely have one that fits into that range. If not you can use 2 feeler gauges on top of each other to get the required thickness. Most decent sets would have a 0.20 and a 0.25mm so yeah just go ahead and use them.
Hi, thanks for reply, I have the set and I could find the thickness I need, what I need to be sure is, from this information, what exact thickness which going to be used for intake and exhaust valve..

Also, other thing confuse me, from the workshop, I see the valve number sequence is start from right to left, which is 4-3-2-1 order, also from YouTube they showing 4-3-2-1 order, but in my head, that should be 1-2-3-4 from the drive belt left to the right? Perhaps all the info I get is US model, which make the difference?

The US stuff will be all the same for us but clearances may differ from engine to engine. I think as the clearances are so small they give you a from and to figure as a way of allowing for a small degree of measuring error. Aim for the middle and you wont go wrong. You may need a special valve clearance tool for this also.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=honda+firing+order&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=W0zeVOrdDIGqU4avgJgE&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=639#tbm=isch&q=honda+valve+clearance+tool

But to be honest you can use a socket, a screwdriver and some molegrips, a bit like this...

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/92hondalude/media/DSCF0543.jpg.html

This might also help...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=honda+firing+order&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=W0zeVOrdDIGqU4avgJgE&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=639

Yeah, cheers for those links for tools need for adjustment, I'm going to use a wrench with short flat screw driver will do, same as what I've done to my honda generator gx270 engine :)
I just double check what I've seem from workshop manual and I found out the one isn't for k20a is for d17a, so I was wrong in the first placeļ¼Œthe valve in sequence is from left to right, and now everything is clear now. Just find a day to do it lol