What's new

Outside Temperature

stevej696

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 SE Exec
Quick question! Does anyone know which models were fitted with the outside temperature display? My 1.8S doesn't seem to have it, nor does a 2.0SE I know of. When the sun shines on the display, I can make out Trip A, Trip B and Outside Temp written in the background. Is this just something that the high spec models have as my button only toggles between Trip A and Trip B.

Thanks.

Could be wrong but i thought that the Executive and Type V models have an outside temp measure.

Quick question! Does anyone know which models were fitted with the outside temperature display? My 1.8S doesn't seem to have it, nor does a 2.0SE I know of. When the sun shines on the display, I can make out Trip A, Trip B and Outside Temp written in the background. Is this just something that the high spec models have as my button only toggles between Trip A and Trip B.

Thanks.
exec has it, was 8 degrees today

Ah, that makes sense. It would have been good if all models had that feature, as they can be quite handy especially at this time of year! Thanks for the replies :)

I think that ES, Type-V and Type-r came with it

EDIT: Removed Sport from the list, thanks Nathan :)

I can confirm that the Type-V has got it, don't know how accurate it is though in all honesty

My ES has got it also!
Im not convinced of their accuracy though, unless my sensor is dirty it reads about 3-4 degrees above what it actually is outside.

From my experience they pick up a lot of ambient heat form the engine.

Type R definatly DOES NOT have it :lol: Haven't even got flaming Cruise Control!!! Grrrrr

Just think of all that weight you are saving :lol: broom broom ;).

^^^I used to think that, but i've still got 4 electic windows and A/C :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats so you can still look cool though, so its OK ;)

I have outside temp. in my 2002 Sport :blush:

15e9yex.jpg

If temperature sensor shows wrong temperature you can adjust it(+/- 3 degrees from basic measurement). First You need a simple thermometer to know what exactly temperature is.

Let's say. Outside temp is -3 degrees. Car shows -1 degrees. You need: turn ignition on (you must see out temp in dash) and hold "mileage reset" (button on the right odometer) for 10 seconds. value will cycle from -3 to +3 in Screen. lets stop when it show -2 (release then) and finally thermometer will show -3 degrees.

And I have one question about temperature sensor. Originally it is located in front of radiator. So after standing still for few minutes temperature rise till +10 degrees. Does anybody relocated temperature sensor anywhere further from its original location? Where, if so?

My 2000 SE Executive has it, no probs and accurate enough to best of my knowledge.

- Useful as another variable if trying to gauge chances of icy roads etc.

My 2000 SE Executive has it, no probs and accurate enough to best of my knowledge.

- Useful as another variable if trying to gauge chances of icy roads etc.

mmm, guessing ours doesn't have it as its just a SE and not SE Executive.

out of curiosity how do you get it to display the temp?

mmm, guessing ours doesn't have it as its just a SE and not SE Executive.

out of curiosity how do you get it to display the temp?

You would be able to see it by pressing the button for the Tripmeter, John. Like my 'S' model, I don't think your SE will have it. Just 'Trip A' and 'Trip B', whereas these guys that own ES/SE Exec and Type V models have an 'Outside Temp' option displayed on theirs too.

If temperature sensor shows wrong temperature you can adjust it(+/- 3 degrees from basic measurement). First You need a simple thermometer to know what exactly temperature is.

Let's say. Outside temp is -3 degrees. Car shows -1 degrees. You need: turn ignition on (you must see out temp in dash) and hold "mileage reset" (button on the right odometer) for 10 seconds. value will cycle from -3 to +3 in Screen. lets stop when it show -2 (release then) and finally thermometer will show -3 degrees.

And I have one question about temperature sensor. Originally it is located in front of radiator. So after standing still for few minutes temperature rise till +10 degrees. Does anybody relocated temperature sensor anywhere further from its original location? Where, if so?

What gen is this you are referring to. I tried with my SE Exec and nothing happens? Where does the -3 to +3 appear?

my accord is 6th gen IES 99m with f20b6. numbers in sequence from -3 to +3 apears in the degrees section.
p.s.when adjusting there must be temperature shown in odometer screen

Wow! two fixes in one night. Thanks to Linas just adjusted the outside temp gauge. It was replaced in September but obviously wasn't calibrated.

Linas, thanks very much for this info, worked as mentioned on my 2002 Type-V.

Steve.