What's new

p0193

foymanchu

Reaction score
Car
honda accord 2.2cdti
hi all new to the forum, i have a problem with my 2.2cdti don't want to start p0193 code reading , i have unplugged sensor on the end of rail and shows the same code even when cleared . Have cleared code 5 times to no avail , still shows same fault ,reconnected sensor still same fault . Looked on forum which says to link out pins 2 and 3 for 30 secs and should clear . Fault code comes straight back on with ignition . Would this be a ecu problem, car on 167k. Checked wiring for damage etc all looks fine . help appriciated

If the code appears as soon as you turn the ignition on then it’s some sort of an electrical break/short. You need to have the wiring traced back to the ecu and check for breaks or ground leakage. Voltage for the sensors is supplied by the ecu so if there are no shorts I would suspect a damaged ecu, possibly caused by a faulty sensor.

don’t forget to check all fuses and relays too.

Thanks for the reply , I will get checking with the multi meter , out of curiosity would I be getting voltage out of all 3 pins or just 1 .

checked all wiring back to ecu all good , no faults so im ***uming a ecu fault , i have removed ecu and it states 37820- rbd -e91 , if looking for a replacement on ebay do i need this specific code ? as lots of cdti ecu's all with different codes. and any ideas on cost of a recode?

Really it does need to be a matching part number, but someone with the right tools and knowledge will be able to make a different part number work. What you must ensure is that the ecu comes from the same year of car as the hardware is different in the pre and post facelift Accord.