What's new

p1065 fuel pressure lower than expected

airt

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 diesel
Hello all Im back with problems got this car 2.2 i cdti starting but now have p1065 code coming up fuel filter changed fuel changed injectors tested fuel pump tested fuel filter by-passed fuel regulator changed car starts ,idles but at approx 40mph or 2000rpm goes into limp home mode.Does any one know if there is a problem with the fuel pump in the tank or what pressure it should put out. thanks

Were they Honda orignal filters and injectors?

Has the system been bled properly?

It common place for air to get trapped when you change the filter, when mine was last changed it went into limp home mode a day later. Nine times out of ten you just prime the bulb again and its all good.

It common place for air to get trapped when you change the filter, when mine was last changed it went into limp home mode a day later. Nine times out of ten you just prime the bulb again and its all good.

Thanks for the reply everything genuine honda, and tried a second filter just to be sure ,then by-passed the fuel filter completely,tank cleaned pump tested perfect likewise the injectors.Thinking maybe pump in tank not pumping enough at switch on

Intersting one hter then... Still possibly a stubborn air lock in the system. At least that would be the easiest solution.

Of course it could be whatever senses the pressure - is there a dedccated fuel pressure sensor or is there some clever feedback devicein the pump?

Thanks for the reply everything genuine honda, and tried a second filter just to be sure ,then by-passed the fuel filter completely,tank cleaned pump tested perfect likewise the injectors.Thinking maybe pump in tank not pumping enough at switch on

Okay I see, have you checked the fuel lines are not damaged causing low fuel pressure? also could it be contaminated fuel at all?

It could either be loose or bad connection on the fuel rail pressure sensor ( located on the end of the fuel rail) so check that connection, also check the connection on the high pressure fuel pump.

Equally it could be the fuel pump itself, is there any other fault codes?

Maybe worth taking into Honda and seeing if they can use a donor pump, to see if it solves the problem.

Also worth checking for leaks, or splits where air can get in.