What's new

Parking Sensor Issue

accord1108

Members
Reaction score
Car
Ex 2.2 i-Dtec
Hello all

My rear parking sensors seem to be faulty. When in reverse with the sensors turned on, they alarm is constantly sounding, even when not near anything.

What may be the cause of this and how would I trouble shoot? Disconnect sensors one at a time?

Thanks

As a first step give them a clean. Sometimes debris stuck on one or more of the sensors can cause this.

Thanks for the reply, I have cleaned them, still the same

I will probably have to remove the bumper at some point to look at them.

Do you know if they are disconnected one by one, will it display problems as a result of them being disconnected?

Hopefully by doing this, I will be able to eliminate the faulty one

Thanks for the reply, I have cleaned them, still the same

I will probably have to remove the bumper at some point to look at them.

Do you know if they are disconnected one by one, will it display problems as a result of them being disconnected?

Hopefully by doing this, I will be able to eliminate the faulty one
if you put the car in reverse and put your ear up to the parking sensors you might be able to hear a click/noise. Find the one that doesn't click and replace it :)

Thanks all

Had a look one evening, I took the bumper off.

Was able to find the faulty sensor by moving it to a different position.

Have managed to get a spare from a breaker, correct colour too,

Thanks all

Had a look one evening, I took the bumper off.

Was able to find the faulty sensor by moving it to a different position.

Have managed to get a spare from a breaker, correct colour too,
Well done!

Realize I’m a bit late to the party but one thing I’ve learned from the parking sensors suddenly becoming oversensitive is that if the colour has peeled off them, or if they are worn in some other way, it helps to put a little touch up paint on them or just a piece of tape.

Thing is that the sensor is calibrated to read through a layer of paint, and if that layer gets thinner for some reason, the sensor reading range extends sometimes up to 10 meters.

I have managed to cure my front sensors for years with this method.