What's new

Parking Sensors Colour Coding

P

Paul the Bobby

I've been looking at parking sensors on eBay and some come colour coded. Is there anyone with an Alabaster Silver Accord who bought them pre-painted where the match was good? Failing that I'll get my cousins paint shop to do them. Ta!

Paul I have the discreet ones, by parking dynamics, the one where you fit a magnetic strip on the inside of the bumper... still works fine after a year :) but I tend to use my camera more though lol

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/

I tried the parkingdynamic one on my last Accord and replaced it with the Cisbo drilled ones. I found the pd ones a bit hit or miss tbh mate.

hmm... has your car got the sat nav if so then why not go for the reverse camera mod? its roughly same price and looks classier?

Yes its git sat nav mate. The reverse sensors are about £16 and about same for colour coding. What's the cost if camera I thought it was more. Can you see at night ok (you've probably replaced the reverse with Hid though :))

ive only got a LED bulb in my reverse so its bright enough at night... as for the camera I paid £20 and a bit of wiring from maplins thats all... it shows the distance in metres too so its pretty good, ive had it fitted for about 9 months now and all is fine, best thing is that it replaces the number plate light and has built in LEDS in the camera for the number plate :)

£16 is really cheap but I would not go anywhere near my bumper with a drill LOL

I drilled the last and it was a case of measure 32times cut once!

Yes its git sat nav mate. The reverse sensors are about £16 and about same for colour coding. What's the cost if camera I thought it was more. Can you see at night ok (you've probably replaced the reverse with Hid though :))

Paul I was going to do this to my car but realised that the prefacelift cannot have this mod. I did however buy the connectors needed to do this mod. If you want you can have them for free.

Thanks for the kind offer Shabz. I'll let you know mate.

:lol: He hasn't even got the keys yet and mods are being planned!

Paul if your going full LED or mostly LED conversion then if u need a hand let me know :)

Paul, Have a look at this thread. I did a guide with measurements etc for Parking sensors on the Accord.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/2197-parking-sensors-and-towbar-fitting/page__p__27066__hl__parking+sensors__fromsearch__1#entry27066

Infact if one of the mods could tidy up the thread and move it to the DIY section it will probably come in handy for others.

HI guys. Does anyone of you heard about Dolphin parking sensors? I want to replace my sensors because I don't trust them anymore :p and I found that they received Auto Express award and also read some good reviews about them.