What's new

Parking sensors (Ebay)

Gaz172

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Manual
Hi Guys

Looking at previous threads and have decided to get some parking sensors. Ive seen aload on eBay about £15/20 for grey ones but this to me seems to cheap :huh:

Are the ebay ones any good??

Cheers
Gaz

Simple answer is yes they are good. Infact as good as genuine Honda, BMW Merc etc etc sensors.

I paid £14 for mine and they work as well as the sensors in my mums 2011 Golf and my old BMW 318i se.

And a doddle to fit as well.

Have either of you got a link ?

Cheers Paul

these are what i have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARKING-REVERSING-REAR-SENSORS-KIT-FOUR-SENSOR-KIT-/230405599727?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35a53e71ef

cheers crespo, Thats one of the ones i was looking at, iron grey seems closest match to the graphiate pearl of the accord

Might just go for them

cheers crespo, Thats one of the ones i was looking at, iron grey seems closest match to the graphiate pearl of the accord

Might just go for them
Gaz im not 100% but you might be able to get them sprayed with the perfect match Honda paint.
im very fussy and if there is a slight difference in colour that would annoy me.

I just looked where they are and its only about an hour away from me and i'm off tomorrow so might have a trip to see the colour match. Plus saves postman loosing them :lol:

I went for Steelmate parking sensors. Got them from Ebay for around 50 GBP just because I didn't want to put very cheap Chinese ones on my car.

Not sure if they are any better at all - probably not. They do come with detachable sensor heads in case one breaks you can change the individual sensor rather than the whole system.

I think Honda OEM use Laserline so check those out if you want OEM look, but they are a bit more expensive.

Also heard good things about dolphin but they are around the same price as Steelmate so no point IMO.

I went down and got a set today, the dark grey looks a good match to mine. Getting them fitted tomorrow

i had the dolphin fitted over 2 years ago, (lifetime warranty !)
http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/dolphin_display_reversing_sensors.asp

the dash display is really helpful as it means I can park with good accuracy in tight spaces.

I have the dolphin ones myself - the local dealer wanted around £600 to fit a Oem set.

I've been pleased with them & I got the micro black sensors, which look pretty good against my black paint.

The colour is spot on, i'll upload a pic if anyone is intrested once washed :lol:

Its funny I can reverse a double decker into a tight spot but struggle with a accord on the rear distance lol