What's new

Parking Sensors or Rear View Camera?

davecmr

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer Sport Diesel
Cant make my mind up as the car is a Tourer I have the problem with finding a suitable camera as I really want it to be discrete. Other option is to go for parking sensors painted to match the bumper. Never had a car with either so whats peoples views on both?

I think that the camera can be useful in some situations, but I can't see myself parking without looking into the rear view mirrors or even over my shoulder. Relying only on the screen would be impossible for me.
I prefer the sensors, or if you can, both of them.

Neither mate .. practice makes perfect once your are aware of the size of your tourer. it a piece of cake.

but if I had to get a solution it would be a Infra red camera.

yes! i agree, sensors and cameras are not needed. nobody in the past couldnt park so yeah save the money and buy some jelly beans instead!

I appreciate tourers are harder to park with the blind spot issue etc, For those with kids just use them, they can look for you...if you trust em hehe

I`ve got sensors and camera too. After going through the bother of fitting the camera I find I never look at it, it`s only any passenger who looks at it and says "wow thats good"

My parking sensors are playing up too and I have no trouble parking without any aids :)

The sensors can be useful fo catching things out of sight, but with a Tourer there really isn't a real need for them as the glass IS the back of the car...

Neither mate .. practice makes perfect once your are aware of the size of your tourer. it a piece of cake.

but if I had to get a solution it would be a Infra red camera.

I agree, it' took a few weeks to get used to the new dimensions, coming from a saloon to a tourer, but I've pretty much perfected it now.

When parallel parking, when you think ur getting close to the car behind, go really, really slow. When you can't go any further pull forward a foot! Only works if nobody is watching!

Just kidding. Don't try this at home! :rolleyes:

I agree, it' took a few weeks to get used to the new dimensions, coming from a saloon to a tourer, but I've pretty much perfected it now.

When parallel parking, when you think ur getting close to the car behind, go really, really slow. When you can't go any further pull forward a foot! Only works if nobody is watching!

Just kidding. Don't try this at home! :D

Don't forget a good towbar is essential for this :lol:

:lol: :lol:
I've got sensors on a saloon, and i can get into the tightest spaces with it. Definately handy, only gripe is they aren't loud enough?. But as Dan said on a tourer maybe its not neccessary.

Some phone pics of the reason Ive master parking my car without aids... This is done with just mirrors and the reverse light trick

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

I dont always put it in the garage but when I do its a squeeze :lol: this is without the rear bumper also

I only drive it on weekends I have no problem reversing my 45ft long trailer up to things all week long lol, maybe its cos i'm not used to something so small :D

Driving my Tranny in London I have to get that into very tight spots - the sensors are pretty useless (constant tone at 20cm); my camera is more for bikes and pedestrians... Had an audience the other day got into a space with less than 3" front and back to spare. I don;t think I hit the Merc behind me. Nice feeling that - even better when there is some Hampstead Totty watching :D.