What's new

Parrot mki9000

Quirrel

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 Accord Estate
Am I going to be able to fit my parrot mki9000 easily into my accord with premium sound system?

Is it going to do my head in fitting it or is it a simple job? Will I need a different cable for it?

You need this and its fairly straight forward from there. Plug and play.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/11939.html

You will need to remove the headunit which again is not that difficult. plenty of guides for this in the DIY section.

Have a look at the Xcarlink threads.

Am I going to be able to fit my parrot mki9000 easily into my accord with premium sound system?

Is it going to do my head in fitting it or is it a simple job? Will I need a different cable for it?

Hello there :)

Make sure you have the correct SOT lead. the parrot wont go directly to our HU. Im sure there is a 'HOW TO' thread, if not i will rip my car apart to get some pictures and an install guide up.

Its a very simple install though, basically remove center console under HU, remove HU, Plug the SOT cable in to the amp under the dash, plug all the gubbins together. hide everything and then re-***emble :)

took me 2 hrs max

Look here.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3791-diy-installing-bluetooth-carkit-display/

Excellent.

Bit more work than my Golf, but not far off it. Hopefully I won't lose the parrot box down the back of the dash like I did in my golf.

2 hours looking for it until I found it had slid under a side panel in the foot well.

I fitted it in my accord. You need sot-047. Just take your time taking the trim apart if its your first time with the accord. Also, you need to make sure you get the mute pin all the way into the connector block behind the head unit. The guide on this site is very good.

Let us know how you get on.

Does the Accord have a built in mic or do I need to use my parrot mike?

You need the Parrot mike.

I have mine here.

HondaPicturessamsungEX1001-Copy-Copy.jpg

To run the cable up you need to pop the trim off on the A pillar. Use a knife to pop out the SRS badge and then it just pulls off. Then tuck the wire under the head lining. Simples.

easy enough.

Just remembered that my parrot was in he past temperamental, might have to invest in a new blue box. I had it loose in my golf's glove box so could be unplugged easily to reset.