What's new

Parrot MKi9200

birdy

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord ctdi
I am getting a Parrot MKi9200 fitted on thursday of this week.

Any of you guys got one installed, would like some pic's of the best place to install the LCD screen.

I am thinking of just above the hazard button, any thoughts?

Thanks Neil

I am getting a Parrot MKi9200 fitted on thursday of this week.

Any of you guys got one installed, would like some pic's of the best place to install the LCD screen.

I am thinking of just above the hazard button, any thoughts?

Thanks Neil

Hi Neil you may find above the hazard button gets " in your face " mine is fitted just left of the lefthand centre air vent , sorry no pics yet , still learning how to . You will sure love it after its fitted , don't know how I managed before .

Hi,

Got one of these in my tourer. An excellent piece of kit. Got it mounted on the right hand side just above the air vent. I've found that the remote unit fits quite nicely in the door pull recess.

Can get pics if you're interested, probably a bit late now!

Yeah got it fitted now, I put my screen just over the Hazard switch.

Going to have to take mine back to the fitter tho as I have found two issues, the first is when I am making a call I can hear a whistle from the rear speakers and it gets louder when I rev the engine, Also when the Parrot switches from radio to phone it makes a nasty clicking noise.

Any of yours do the above?

Apart for that it is very good.

Yeah, mine does exactly the same. My installer said the loud snap is something to do with the factory system being amplified. As for a cure I'm none the wiser, would be interested to see if you get anywhere.

The Parrot kit is generally very good. We have about 3,000 CK3100 car kits installed where I work and they're trouble free.

Slightly off topic - I'm having this unit fitted into my Tourer soon as part of a second sourcing trial (well if I'm going to be taking any 'how do I ?' calls from trial users I need to be able to answer them don't I ? :rolleyes: )

Funkwerk Dabendorf Audio 2010

I've been testing it on a workshop based demo rig and it looks very good so far.

Cheers
Robin

Hey folks, sorry to revisit an old thread, but didnt see the point in opening a new one.

For anyone with knowledge about the mki9200, does the music link in this send music through all the speakers (sub included), or is the door speakers only? Hoping to buy one this week, but if the music isnt going to come through all the speakers i may as well buy a cheaper system and get an xcarlink for music

thanks in advance for all replies

sam

Hey folks, sorry to revisit an old thread, but didnt see the point in opening a new one.

For anyone with knowledge about the mki9200, does the music link in this send music through all the speakers (sub included), or is the door speakers only? Hoping to buy one this week, but if the music isnt going to come through all the speakers i may as well buy a cheaper system and get an xcarlink for music

thanks in advance for all replies

sam

I've got a Nokia CK-600 carkit and the music plays out through the door speakers (through the SOT (ISO) cable). On the Nokia box there is RCA (Red and White) out - this is the alternative music connection, it is used to play music through the AUX input on the back of the stereo. Problem is, you need some device to convert the RCA to AUX-in in order for the amp and extra speakers to be active. So, this would require a device like xcarlink anyway to take the output of the phone kit, convert it, and pass it to the Aux-in.

bummer, looks like i will be better off with a cheaper kit and to buy the xcarlink as well

Be careful with a cheaper kit, just make sure it will be compatible with your phone and that there aren't any issues. I had a Nokia CK-7W installed with my car which worked perfectly with my old phone but there was a seriously annoying echo that people could hear themselves with my new phone (HTC Desire HD). The new Nokia CK-600 carkit sorted that out. I'm not sure but a firmware update on my old kit may have resolved the echo issue but I just wanted a newer cooler kit anyway B)